Party in the kingdom hall!

by StephaneLaliberte 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Surprised that was able to take place in the KH

In my moms hall about ten years ago they had a talent show, but they rented a catering place, so I guess Jah was OK with the sisters taking out of their preaching work to practice for the show.

A few of the Congregations including the one I grew up in and the immediate area held a Reunion Dinner about ten or some years ago also, some folks who moved away even came back to attend. It was like the Dubs patting themselves on the back, couples that had been in for 20, 30 plus years were announced, as if you were at a Masons or Elks Dinner announcing the members who had been in the longest.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Watched it with the sound off - it's late here. Interesting just watching the pictures. Just people havind fun, brightly dressed, eating with their friends, kids having fun. Lovely people trying to enjoy their lives. They deserve better than all these lies. I'm not bitter about these lovely people who just want to enjoy life but they are weighed down with rules. That's all, I'm having trouble putting this into words, it's late.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Good God Almighty!!! Please watch from about 15:10 to about 18:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqCJ6E78jM

The first group, "The Theocratic Revue" (what a corny, goody-goody name) was worse than awful. They don't even rank as amateur. They make me embarassed to be white. The dude playing the drums was loving the attention; that was the highlight of his life. Probably the highlights of all their lives. They're going to go into depression now that it's over. They will relive it over and over watching videos.

After sampling the first group (you won't be able to bear watching it all), skip to about 15:10 and watch to at least 18:50. You will see the entire kingdom hall catch the holy ghost and go Pentecostal. I can't wait to show this to JWs I know - JWs who will want to puke.

To me, if JWs have the truth, they should be getting more serious & sober as their prophesied end, resulting in the deaths of most humans, draws closer. They should be working harder, sacrificing more, etc. to give a serious, bold, dignified warning to the world. However, they are not getting more serious and working harder; they are doing the opposite.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I think the Governing Body should allow for "Happy Dance" breaks between sessions of assemblies and conventions. Wake up the crowd, loosen the kinks, clear their heads, give 'em a little excersize and put some joy into the process. I bet attendance would jump for the sessions where this was allowed. And don't forget the song says...

"...Happiness is the Truth!!!"

JV

• Magnum
    Magnum

Xanthippe: Watched it with the sound off - it's late here. Interesting just watching the pictures. Just people havind fun, brightly dressed, eating with their friends, kids having fun. Lovely people trying to enjoy their lives. They deserve better than all these lies. I'm not bitter about these lovely people who just want to enjoy life but they are weighed down with rules. That's all, I'm having trouble putting this into words, it's late.

Did we watch the same video? I didn't see people brightly dressed, eating with their friends, etc. Seriously, maybe we're talking about two different videos.

If we're talking about the same video, then I wouldn't call them "lovely people". Some of them might be good, but I think most are not. They're corny, self-righteous, smug, overly confident, unreasonable, etc. Probably many, if not most, are ignorant, uneducated, and at the lower end of the intelligence spectrum. I'm a serious seeker of truth; I'm a spiritual person. Yet if I tried to have a reasonable discussion with these people, asking good questions, they would want to stone me.

JWs waste precious time and resources that could be used to help humans and animals that are sick, starving, and otherwise in need of help. They smugly think they and they alone are the people of God. They think they have the truth and we are ignorant and weak for even thinking about questioning them or their super Jedi knight GB. I have seen several JWs lately who were friendly to me, but condescending. They didn't realize they were being condescending; it wasn't in an arrogant way. But they just acted like they were comforting a sick or weak puppy. They told me they'd pray for me, etc. as if it's a given that they have the truth and I want to be with them but am just weak.

So I think that most don't "deserve better than all these lies". I think most deserve what they are getting. It takes strength and intelligence and reasonableness and other good qualities to wake up and get out. Most don't have those good qualities.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

You nailed it Magnum.

I agree with your last paragraph .....all of it. And I include my 4 decades of chosen ignorance in there as well....

It takes effort, mental fortitude and desire to get out of that cult. The VAST majority of JW's are incredibly weak minded people.

• Magnum
    Magnum

At one point the drummer dude, the apparent leader, referred to how much they practiced and how it drew them together, saying something to the effect that you could see Jehovah's hand in the matter.

Oh, so the Supreme Ruler of the Universe is concerned about a musical group (and that's a compliment to even call them that) consisting of a bunch of talentless, entertainer-wannabe pasty white folk so much so that he extends his almighty hand and miraculously guides and directs them? And if he did influence them in any way, then he performed a miracle; any altering of the natural goings-on by a superhuman being is a miracle.

So he miraculously helps this corny, no-talent group, all the while allowing a group of kittens to literally starve to death... or a little girl to leave her mother's womb and enter a brightly colored world blind - with eyes that will never allow her to see anything... or a man to go so far as to jump off a bridge to his death because he's so depressed. He won't extend his almighty hand to intervene in any of those matters - no, those issues aren't important. He has to prioritize... to focus on imporant things like helping "The Theocratic Revue" practice its pieces and draw closer together as a group.

• StephaneLaliberte
  • skin
    skin

Can someone re-upload that video with just the 15 to 18min happy song part with no negative jw headers. Would love to show some active jws this and what is aloud to happen in KHs. Thanks

• Magnum
    Magnum

The video I watched, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqCJ6E78jM, seems to be an abbreviated or edited version of the one ecan6 posted in his last post above - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_RfRuSA1c.

In a post above, when I said to watch from 15:10 to 18:50 I was referring to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqCJ6E78jM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit