Party in the kingdom hall!

by StephaneLaliberte 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

To save you having to google: elder's worst nightmare...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqCJ6E78jM

Even when I was in the cult, I would've still found this embarrassing and cringeworthy.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

This works just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcj1-XFqBiE&feature=youtu.be

How strange that wordly songs and dancing are permitted now.

• LogCon
    LogCon

The twirl by the elderly sister was interesting.

She did well.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Video is already taken down.

This is Saturday morning. Shouldn't the JW's be in service and not monitoring apostate sights?

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

"Obviously some elders sanctionned this but what proof is there that the GB organized this?"

1. Any activity officially organized by the JW brass is tightly controlled - even the delegates are hand-picked, check out an application - at the convention the Society even decides who can carry a mop - Is it reasonable there would not have been precise instructions as to the entertainment? This organization is about control.

2. The Organizations view on gatherings has always been "Watch out what you organize because you're responsible for what goes on". I remember elders who wouldn't even MC a wedding in case something went wrong. So who organized the Entertainment? It's at every venue...strange coincidence if it wasn't the GB who were responsible.

3. The script used at the party sounds Bethel-tuned...the "Congregator" etc.

Of course the official line will be denial just like it was for the UN membership

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The twirl by the elderly sister was interesting.

She did well.

Next: twerking.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL @ twerking...

I aint watchin those vids I'll have a disturbed nights sleep if I do.

• AnnOMaly
  • Giordano
    Giordano

To be honest that was the very first time I've ever seen a KH filled with people who were having a really good time!

I hope the JW's ban this stuff cause it really had everyone's heads a bobbing and old and young playing real music together and responding to the performance, laughing and clapping hands and singing along and enjoying themselves........... what a shame......they actually did something that was fun for a change. Even kids could participate.

The one thing the JW's lack is the only thing a belief system can actually do.....provide a transforming moment from time to time. Music on the other hand is capable of achieving that just about every time.

• eby
    eby

LOL Reminds me of:

(Exodus 32:17, 18) 17 When Joshua began to hear the noise of the people because of their shouting, he said to Moses: “There is the sound of battle in the camp.” 18 But Moses said: “It is not the sound of singing over a victory, And it is not the sound of wailing over a defeat; I hear the sound of another kind of singing.”

eby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit