Disturbing Footnote in Tomorrow's Study Article...

by HeyThere 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Here are some interesting pages on the subject:

"Reyes said that several studies showed how migration of parents is indeed heart-breaking for children, making them long for parental care, get confused over gender roles, be vulnerable to abuse, and even develop consumerist attitudes."
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/134430/pinoyabroad/leaving-ofw-children-behind-economic-benefits-vs-social-costs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"On the other hand, there are few studies that analyse the maintenance of social parent-child relation via telephone or the Internet, which could explain whether preteen children do not feel having lost “safe object of attachment” when they communicate from a distance. Michael Murray (2003) points out that social relation with a preteen child is not broken (in this case, the object of attachment) if it is maintained via telephone or Internet."
    "In cases when children were fostered by grandparents and both of parents were working in a foreign country, i.e. when, according to the theory, the object of attachment had changed, children should have experienced more difficulties that those who stayed with their parents. However, the Crosstabulation analysis revealed no differences between parents’ and grandparents’ answers, i.e. children who were left with their grandparents encounter similar problems as those who stayed with parents."

http://www.socwork.net/sws/article/view/160/552

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Also, can I point out that the wording used in the footnote is 'reports', not studies. This is so vague that it could simply mean they have heard this from JW's.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DOT: Also, can I point out that the wording used in the footnote is 'reports', not studies. This is so vague that it could simply mean they have heard this from JW's.

That is no doubt exactly what it means, evidently!

• rebel8
    rebel8

It only counts if you work abroad!

Thanks, Oubliette. Let's start spreading this around the Internets.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Being a JW can make you straight. Taking a long trip can turn you gay.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

AlphaMan: "P.S...Don't Bethelites technically "work away from home"?"

Temporary worker brothers would leave their wives behind for 1-4 weeks. Based on these Watchtower reports, these brothers must have developed the "gay habit" with bethel brothers, and their wives must have developed the "gay habit" with single pioneer sisters.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

these brothers must have developed the "gay habit" with bethel brothers, and their wives must have developed the "gay habit" with single pioneer sisters.

It's amazing they could even find the time to be gay, considering all the pedophilia and incest they're also committing. I guess time management is the key.

Since being gay is a "habit" (like smoking), isn't there like a patch they can wear....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The WTS article is absolutely nutty! JWs who don't travel commit plenty of infidelity, homosexuality, and incest too!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

if somebody being away from spouse can make them gay, then they need to apply that reasoning to being single too long can make somebody gay. so that means it's acceptable for people to marry anybody, including non-jws because if they wait to long, just like a somebody away from their spouse, they can become gay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit