Disturbing Footnote in Tomorrow's Study Article...

by HeyThere 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CANTLEAVE: [QUOTE] "living apart from a mate or children in order to work abroad is a factor that for some has contributed to serious problems. These include..................homosexuality" Don't tell nugget

NUGGET: Working away from home makes you fat not homosexual .................ask Cantleave.

The previous two posts are priceless.

It's stuff like this that makes this place addictive.

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

CANTLEAVE/NUGGET - classic! That is good stuff.

BTW - the footnote says "Reports from various countries indicate. . ." This tells me this is the society's branches in different countries reporting this behavior, not a government or scientific survey.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

Well it's a fact that all truckers have special rest stops where they get BJs and the like. I read about 'em.

Joking aside, once again, a religion assumes that all its members are fizzing with sexual excitement all the time! Obsessed with it I tell ya!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

oh wow!

so committing incest or homosexual acts is listed in the same derogatory terms?

does anyone else see the glaring error in that sentence?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

In the not too distant past, you could copy the WT quote and find it on the net, thereby confirming the accuracy [ Or quote mining as in the case of the WTBTS] of the statement. I can't even find the above quote except at JW.borg. I have an I-phone, does that make a difference??

Usually the quote will pop up in an actually study of some sort. This makes me think the statement comes from reports within the BORG. They are not quoting any survey or study, just their own internal reports from Elders and C.Os. Someone please use a laptop and do a Google search to confirm or deny my findings.

If I am right and they are simply quoting themselves and there is no study or source material, what does that say about the mythical "spiritual paradise?" Are JW families so fragile that they self-destruct when mates separate for any length of time? Hasn't this always been the case in the BORG?? They even ask candidates for special assignments how often the render the marriage due! What's wrong with these people. Are they crazy going in and just get worse?? Or are they truly the low-hanging fruit of society?

This footnote must be an internal report [ which is frightening ] or just made up, which is using a "false stylus."

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes data dog...those who become witnesses are indeed the low hanging fruit of society...those with real issues already who just get worse the longer they stay in the org!

They may even start "wearing tight pants, and become gay incest freaks"!

• cofty
    cofty

Working away from home makes you fat not homosexual ask Cantleave.

We need a "like" button.

The last DC I ever went to had a demo on this topic. The bro was struggling to find work and pay the bills. He got offered a good job away from home. An elder called round and said he had something for them. I was expecting him to hand over a gift or a better job offer. It turned out to be a file of old watchtowers containing advice that he should not take the job.

I got out my seat and left the auditorium. It was at the Arena in Gateshead, Newcastle. It was my last ever convention.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL @ Cantleave and nugget :-)

• blondie
    blondie

*Reports from various countries indicate that living

apart from a mate or children in order to work

abroad is a factor that for some has contributed to serious

problems. These include infidelity on the part

of one or both mates, homosexuality, or incest, and

among children, increased behavioral and academic

problems, aggression, anxiety, depression, or suicidal

tendencies.

April 15, 2014 WT Sunday 6-22-14 Study Article

I think there are 2 points; the WTS knows of judicial matters where this is said to be the cause...but what is more likely is these problems already existed at home but the individuals felt safer indulging in the sin when anonymous and away from home. Most incest happens at home, children being molested by parents. BTW incest does not include other forms of child molestation of non-family members. So how does incest happen away from home unless the child is with the parent.

King David committed adultery and murder because he had come home from the wars....not because he was away from home.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

well, if masterbation leads to homosexuality, why not working away from home ?

*** yy chap. 5 p. 39 pars. 9-10 Masturbation and Homosexuality ***

In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality. In such instances the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play. ..... 10 This happens much more frequently than you may realize

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit