Disturbing Footnote in Tomorrow's Study Article...

by HeyThere 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It may be madness, or it may be crazy like a fox. All depends on what your long-term plan is. Just sayin'.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

DOT...everything you have provided is focused of filipinos...and this article may not be accurate either, but why wouldn't they quote the source? If this is where they got it, they still manipulated to make it more general in nature which is twisting the story to their needs...something they often do. This would be no different if that is the source...but we don't know. All we get is "Reports". It is wrong! It causes concern where none should be.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

It was just randomly thrown in to a topic that wasn't even going there...emotional manipulation and fear causing stuff...why?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, Apognophos...I just don't think I'd want to concoct a fictional cheating scenario. If you're going to inflict that kind of emotional harm on someone, at least let it be on account of the truth. I think the moral implications of lying about something like that would probably haunt me for a long time. I mean, on its face it's laughable just because I'm thinking of the look on her face, but at the same time, it's the kind of prank that's taking it too far. If there were some set of circumstances that would make it worthwhile to do, then maybe I'd lay out a plan. Or to paraphrase Bane, when my marriage is...ashes, then I have my permission to lie.

--sd-7

• DJS
    DJS

The stupidity of the GB shows that they are not the least bit sophisticated or intellectual. Or caring. All that was needed is a kind reminder to watch your p's and q's if you have to work away or be away for a length of time. And be mindful of temptations. And show some concern and empathy for those who have to relocate for economic reasons. As it is now, they have narrowed it to address only the most hideous sexual subjects Dubs can hear. The shock value is what they are intending, but it reads like dumbassville to the rest of the world. Otherwise, when 'reports' come in that traveling Dubs get into gambling, gangs, smoking, gun running or drug smuggling they will have to re-write the article. Or maybe those things are ok.

The same mentality annoys me on this site at times. Indiividuals take 'reports' or 'studies' of extreme or isolated behaviors associated with the tail ends of bell curves and try to project it across the entire population. One country, one area, a few individuals. Yeah, let's make another rule. That's a lot easier than actually leading. It's clear by the number of views that a lot of lurkers, likely current Dubs, are following this. What are you all waiting for? Can it be any clearer?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DOT: this may be the kind of reports they are basing their generalisations on.

It may be, it may not be. You don't know and I don't know.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but this is exactly the kind of weasely, yellow-journalistic type of writing that is a trademark of the WT. Because we trusted them, we believed what they wrote without thinking. But once your eyes are open and you learn TTATT, you see that they manipulate and mislead their followers through a wide variety of sneaky techniques. This being one of them: implication and innuendo without any clear facts to support what they say.

It's important to learn to get your bullshit detector working and this is just one example of it!

It's bs

DOT: Nobody else seemed to want to even look for what they were possibly basing the wild assertions on.

If you read through the tread carefully, you'll see quite a few of us commented on your posts. But we all generally came to the same conclusion.

Read what you wrote carefully. You wrote that they (the WTBTS) were "possibly" basing their "wild assertions" on the article you posted from the United Church of God.

Again, it could be. Maybe yes, maybe no. Does it matter?

Why would the WTBTS print this? Do you think they want to "protect" JWs or "control" them?

If JWs are truly the most moral people on earth it shouldn't matter whether a married man or woman are living together or separated, should it? And if it really is true that sometimes people do need to move away for economic reasons, why does the WTBTS take such a hard-line against people improving their lot in life through higher education?

The article you referenced made this comment about the problem among Filipinos, the "Issue seems to boil down to basic character weaknesses in both the nation's government and its people. That corruption is endemic is widely acknowledged."

So here's the WT's dilemma: If this is just a problem among worldly people, then what's the point of tell us? Worldly people are immoral; we all know that! But if there is a problem like this among Jehovah's Witnesses, then we have a real problem, because--according to Edmond Macaraeg--the real issue is a "character weakness" in the "nation's government" (that would be God's Theocratic Arrangement) and "its people," Jehovah's Witnesses.

Again, it is odd they used this. It's pretty much a lose-lose scenario for the congregation in any way except that it gets the R&F JWs to be suspicious of one another, possibly feel guilt and shame for a variety of reasons, and feel that they must accept their current lot in life no matter how economically disadvantaged they are. No looking for something better because it may cause your husband to start shagging your daughter (which is pedophilia by the way, NOT "incest") or your wife to start sleeping with her brother or go all lesbo and shack up with her sister, spiritual or fleshly.

At the end of the analysis, all I can say is this: It's a clusterfuck!

That's another word for WT "theology."

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

JustVisiting:

"Reports are heardof brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." Kingdom Ministry, 5/74, p. 3.

The above quote shows how absurd is the Watchtower organization and how stupid I was in believing in its bullshit.

• Listener
    Listener

Oubliette

Advertise, advertise, advertise the JW.ORG and his Website!

That would make the best apostate poster ever, very subtle and it would be unlikely that you would be kicked out if you were showing this at a convention.

• cofty
    cofty

The listener that's funny.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

OMG the wisdom of the GB. If only I got this watchtower in time.

My wife and I was living with my brother some years ago. My wife left for several months to work in another state. I was lonely and naturally had relations with my brother. For years my wife held this over my head and assumed I was one sick puppy. Now with the blessing of this article she sees how this was all her fault.

A. Infidelity Check

B. Homosexuality Check

C. Incest Check

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit