Disturbing Footnote in Tomorrow's Study Article...

by HeyThere 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

These include infidelity on the part of one or both mates, homosexuality, or incest, and among children, increased behavioral and academic problems , aggression, anxiety, depression, or suicidal tendencies."

Now the WT is worried about academic problems......Really!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Ob...that's why I went back and added the exact quote...and originally I said it "basically" said...I wanted to make sure it was accurately written for the true picture of what they said...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Now the WT is worried about academic problems

By "academic problems", WT means they've missed some meetings and their field service hours are under 10 a month.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Does anyone believe it??? " What a great article!", said an Eldumb in my family. Yep. They believe it. The fraktard GB don't want any dubs to break ranks. Propoganda, come forth and smite thine enemies!!!

DD

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If this is in today's Watchtower (study... ???) (This is Sun . June 22, 2014, 10:45 AM) How do people sit there like bumps on a log, without laughing their heads off? I mean, you can only stifle a laugh so much... and this footnote is ridiculously , stupidly funny.

THIS is what Jehovah God has spoken into the ears of The Anointed Ones at Bethel to write??? Does God not know he is speaking twisted and misleading sentences or did God say one thing to The All Great and Knowing Anointed Ones and they have written their own version of it and that is why there is always nu - lite going on??? lol

Maybe god should have picked some University educated people to be His spokesmen, but usually educated people find out man has been on the Earth longer than WT/JW.org's 6,039 years. lol (6,000 years at 1975 + 39 to present 2014, in WT's calculations). lol

I can only hope when innocent, naive Believers read that, they get up and leave and don't come back.

LoisLane

• rebel8
    rebel8

WOW

But I cannot find it on jw.org.

This has the potential to get international medial coverage like the sign language masturbation video did, if it can be verified with the primary source.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Rebel8: I cannot find it on jw.org.

Hmm, it is odd that the online version does not contain the footnote.

If you d/l a print (PDF) version you will be able to see it:

http://www.jw.org/download/?issue=20140415&output=html&pub=w&fileformat=PDF&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I clicked the link.
    It does contain the footnote. Just click the asterisk on paragraph 9 and it takes you to:
    "^ par. 9
    Reports from various countries indicate that living apart from a mate or children in order to work abroad is a factor that for some has contributed to serious problems. These include infidelity on the part of one or both mates, homosexuality, or incest, and among children, increased behavioral and academic problems, aggression, anxiety, depression, or suicidal tendencies."

• DJS
    DJS

The Borg will never end their relentless pursuit of creating more rules, near rules, almost rules and walk talk and sound like rules to control the rank and file. Twisting data for their own purposes, referencing 'studies' which likely don't exist and projecting extreme behaviors at the tail ends of bell curves over the entire population of a given behavior are time honored practices of the Dark Lords.

It's how they have systematically elliminated individual choice and conscience and why I despise them.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I blame the leading cause of this is from Airport security. Those guys like to fondle foreigners, and if they are travelling alot on their own, well, watchout. I was violated the last time I took a trip from some Asian security guard, who didn't even offer me dinner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit