Disturbing Footnote in Tomorrow's Study Article...

by HeyThere 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If the Dark Lords had ANY real, empirical data to support their papal-like edicts, they would source them. They don't and won't.

Just like the Watchtower NWT Bible translation committee. The Watchtower refused to name the committee citing they wanted to remain anonymous out of humility when the reality was they had no qualification to translate the Bible and the Watchtower didn't want anyone to know actually who the idiots were.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I really hate what this cult does to people. So sad, so manipulative...

• jam
    jam

"Some studies have shown" maybe it came from the

Mennonite Gazette......

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wait... didn't Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr spend a lot of time away from their wives "for society business"?

Maybe those are the reports that they are referring to.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Wait... didn't Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr spend a lot of time away from their wives "for society business"?

The Watchtower must be right. No wonder Russell & Rutherford's wives hated them.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Billy, Alpha....lmao! Too funny.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I suppose that in an earlier draft of the footnote it said:

"Reports from the conduct of previous WT presidents and GB members indicate that living apart from a mate or children in order to work at headquarters or visit branches is a factor that for some has contributed to serious problems. These include infidelity on the part of these leaders with maids, housekeepers, nurses (who really have no nursing training), dietitians, etc. There is also reason to include homosexuality as a result. When these facts are discovered by the rank and file JWs, there are increased behavioral and spiritual problems, aggression, anxiety, depression, or leaving-the-organization tendencies."

After this was put through the WT proofreading cycle, the actual facts were completely concealed.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Another good one billy!!!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I have to travel for work, but it is all within my country and not 'abroad'. So does that mean when I travel to Minneapolis I probably won't sleep with my brother, but if I have to travel to say Tornonto then the chances of me sleeping with my brother increase? Is that the same for any family I leave behind? Will my sweet Bobby be sleeping with my neighbor Stan if I go over the border vs staying inside the country?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The writers and the GB totally and completely sick for putting this stuuf in print!

What a bunch of f'd up morons....

I'm just apalled at the manipulative, false, leading, fear inspiring, paranoid inducing, suspicion arousing, judgemental leaps of crap they make up...and the way we know it will mess with general witness minds as a result!

Said it once, will say it again: Sick f's....!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit