What would be your favorite job if you could do anything.?

by new hope and happiness 75 Replies latest social relationships

• forest heathen
    forest heathen

I was born to be a spoiled rich girl.

I've yet to see a job posting for it.

As soon as one is posted, I'm applying!

Close second is to get paid to spoil the grandkids.

In the meanwhile, I have my dream job. I get paid to drive around and see the country. Good money and very casual dress code.

But as soon as my novels hit the bestseller list I will quit my day job.

~ Forest Heathen

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I am fasinated by the neuroscience field. My library is filled with books about the subject, but I am afraid of going to college and finding out I am actually not that smart!

:)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Id be a mod on this board.

• etna
    etna

A bra fitter.

Etna

• cantleave
    cantleave

A job where I travel the world meeting other like minded professionals..................

Oh yeah that's what I do.

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Astronaut

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Astronaut

Pianist

Soprano

Dancer

Forensics Expert

Egyptologist

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So wish there were "do overs" in life. At least I'm finally getting into engineering. Just wish I would have done it straight out of high school so I could be well along in my career and deep into research... and have plenty of money by now.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

First Last Name...go online and order the brochures and funding documents for a neuroscience degree. Do it now buddy! See what grades you need to get in, if you don't have the exact grades, go order the brochures and funding applications to get the grades necessary done. By september you WILL be on your path to fulfilling a life dream or a life goal. It is that simple. I know, I did it.

The key to doing these things is soooooo simple..... just fuc*ing do them!

Yesterday I read a book on top of a mountain, looking down at the sea. I was lying in the grass under the sun and realised how happy I was. To my right in a valley was my accomodation and my hospital. I felt so content, I was in the right place and time in the universe for me, doing the right things for me, I somehow have become an emergency physician at age 33, when at age 25 I had nothing, not even the grades. No money, no hope, no nothing. I had just lost my religion, just lost my friends and some of my family. I could't even get a crap job and had an inevitible low mood and apathy and soon I was homeless. I felt trapped, like I had no power over a prewritten script that was my shitty existence.

8 years of education later......

Yesterday on the mountain, I realised how much I have shaped my own life for myself, I had lost everything and so what else was there but to be my own maker, self determining the world around me. Less than a decade later I am not only doing well, I am doing my childhood dream, medicine.

It is as simple as doing it.....sorry to repeat it again, but that is the truth of the matter. Just do it.

I know I am so fortunate to answer this question this way, but .... I wouldn't swap my job for anything in the world.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I'd like to be a cult leader!

But really, building hot rods in a home garage for a living would be just about perfect.

Or to be a race car driver.

Only one of these 3 will make me filthy rich though.

As it is now I work in a field that gives me plenty of room for advancement, great times, great schedule, great bennies, very secure and I'm very overpaid for what I do. Sooo guess I can't complain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit