What would be your favorite job if you could do anything.?

by new hope and happiness 75 Replies latest social relationships

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I was interested in being an elementary teacher or perhaps teaching history in highschool. I have a bachelors from USF in Tampa. I was thinking of moving back to Florida and entering their masters program in education. It would take 18 months. The problem is I make $65k as a manager and the company I work for has no history of doing layoffs. A starting teacher in Florida with a masters degree makes $35k-$38k depending on the county. In addition a lot of counties are notorious for laying off new teachers every year or not hiring.

I still may pursue a career in teaching but because of the economics it may be when I'm in my mid 40's. I place a higher value on time with my family than the money, but at the same time I need to make sure my family is financially fit.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Its not words or writting on J.W. Net....thats whats the first step is... but " New Hope and Happiness" ...i bet many took the second step and either tryed or failed living the dream.....but that second step is never really failure.....

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I would like to be a lead actor, in a 1970s T.V western show.

Gunsmoke, staring " New Hope and Happiness" as marshall Matt Dillion.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i always thought it would be fun to produce a ice scating show

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I had always wanted to be a marine biologist and swim with and study dolphins and other sea life but living inland in a southern state doesn't lend itself to many initial job prospects. I am currently in school working toward a degree in anthropology with a minor in forensics. There is an incredible job opening I saw in Charleston that combines marine biology and anthropology. I sooo wish I was ready to apply for it! I would sell my house in a heartbeat!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

When I was 4 years old I was asked to be in a demo at the KH, playing a little kid interrupting the publisher giving the presentation. Right then and there I KNEW I wanted to be an actress. I would have been damn good at it too ! Later, I wanted to perform as a back up singer. I would have been damn good at it too! Now, my dream job would be a beer taster. (I'm serious!) I would be damn good at it, I promise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit