What would be your favorite job if you could do anything.?

by new hope and happiness 75 Replies latest social relationships

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Park Ranger to someplace awsome.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Today, I think I'd like to go back to school for two things: to improve my artistic skills and to learn about anthropology and/or sociology. Maybe a duel major. I'd love to travel the country with a camper and work in the summers at the national parks and possibly to end up working in a museum. I'd still like to do my magazine, but maybe do it on line.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I always wanted to have my own antique and home decor shop. I do actually have my own business, for a while I had a space in a co-OP, I did pretty well, but it wasn't like having your own space, and now I don't have that as I moved. I am in the process of going on line, but it's not the same. I have health issues so it's unlikely I will ever achieve my dream, but I am still trying. I am lucky that I git to do something I was passionate about anyway.

I also used to have a pretty good job as a system analyst. I liked the work, it was challenging, and it was pretty good for not having any college.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

work for pixar or just paint

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

a comedy writer!

I thought of a lot of things, like having a job deep sea diving, or preserving artifacts from history, or running a ranch, or making leather boots and saddles, or a shop owner in Nantucket Island, or a writer like Maeve Binchey. But really i have the best fun when something i've written gets a laugh.

Marina

• LogCon
    LogCon

I'd like to build reproduction Leonardo DaVinci machines and invent my own. I would sell them to people who feel like they were born a few centuries too late.

I would have a workshop teaching kids and adults how to think creatively, gain self-confidence and then walk over to a pile of material and a machine and make

something amazing. Everyone with a desire to learn and create would be welcome.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Fortunately for me, I started pursuing my dreams while still a Witness. Now that I'm out, I am still doing my own thing. First, I went back to college in my forties and got degrees in geography and mathematics. I then became a high school math teacher. I did some other things but have returned to teaching which I have come to realize is my true calling. I'm in my late fifties now and have enjoyed teaching more than I ever thought I would. Yes, it's wonderful having summers free, but what is far more rewarding is having the impact on young lives that teaching allows.

I am also going back to other interests with real gusto as well. Photography, writing and the study of the classical guitar have given me great joy. I think being middle-aged gives me a perspective on all of these which have enhanced my experience with them. I will return to writing my novel Magic Squared over the summer and want to put a great deal of effort into the classical guitar. That is a fascinating instrument and I find that I actually have some natural talent and real ability with it. As for the photography, I'm experimenting with both film and digital formats and learning much. I want to purchase a DSLR in the fall and I can't wait to explore the incredible options it will open to me.

I am glad that I have remembered what George Eliot wrote: "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Quendi

• flipper
    flipper

As a teenager I wanted to either be a major league baseball player- or a musician who writes songs or plays guitar. Well the latter I am finally beginning to accomplish as I've done open microphones for almost 2 years now , am 80 % done with my first ever album called " Freedom of Mind " , and I just got lined up for my first two gigs for pay on two dates in July ! So I'm really excited. It's just fun to be fulfilling a love of music within me finally after all these years as I've wanted to involve myself in music since I was a teenager

• millie210
    millie210

I would have loved to have been a cutural anthropologist.

I always wanted to join the Peace Corp. I pioneered instead.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Day trading psychologist author. How's that ?

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit