In your memory, what was the nicest day you had out in field service?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@Stealth... hahahahahahaha lol I am so happy for the 15 year old boy that was standing there. I am curious though, was the Lady expecting company or was she just of the no clothes today,

persuasion ? lol

LL

@QuarterBack... Of course, those were wonderful days with your Lady Love. Did you walk hand in hand down the road to the different houses? I hope you found a nice cozy private spot when no

one was home and kissed her.

LL

-----> I am sorry if I am answering people's posts wrong, but this is the only way I know how to do it.

(I also type with 2 fingers).

LL

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I pioneered out of high school in Massachusetts in the 90's. There was a whole group of us that were pioneering out of high school and we had a lot of laughs. We were with pioneers who had made stringent sacrifices and with some who led lavish, cushy lifestyles. The older pioneer sisters always kept us busy with their many calls and the younger ones made sure we had fun coffee breaks and everyone got their errands done, while placing tracts :).

One of my girlfriends and I stayed with this sister in NH for our pioneer school who was so wacky. We appreciated her hospitality but couldn't wait to get home. I choose to remember it as happy, well-meaning, yet deluded times that made me part of who I am today. No point in living with regrets.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Lois....I'm not the type to kiss and tell.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The last day I went out.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

The day i stopped going

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When no one shows up.

When I worked a whole street door to door, and not even one person was at home.

I remember that time I worked a bookstore. I was supposed to place wastes of paper to customers there. Instead, I browsed through books. I got one return visit--to the bookstore, to buy some books.

Rainy weather, especially when it is near freezing cold. If I am alone in the car for a while and it is around 4 to 7 C out and raining, I would get to fog up the windows. Then they would waste time trying to clear them.

Cold, where we get one door and waste 30 minutes warming up.

• kaik
    kaik

I did not like field service at all. We had always difficult elders (too zealot about field service) and unpleasant DO who was like used car salesman. Elders I walked throughout the Carpathian Mountains were often clueless, they were from city and had no terrain knowledge in the forest. Elders with suit, tie, and dress shoe were unprepared dealing with elevetion drop of temperature, possible snow even in June and played martyr how they sacrificed outfit for a field service. Additionally, they were so stupid that it was embarassing. Not to mention dogs, farm animals, pissed villagers, no back bus connections.. But I do not remember ever the JW men ever helped anyone along the route. I saw old women carrying wood on the back hampers, but they never offerred help. It was so embarrassing.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have another field service story.

When I was a teenager, they sold our KH and had plans to rebuild. There was a period of a few months where we had to meet at another KH, and for field service, we would meet at one of the "sister's" homes.

Well, me and my other teenage friend (we were both young regular pioneers) were watching and talking about a music video for a song called "Baby Got Back" (sometime when we were hanging out). We thought it was really funny because it used animated fruit in a very suggesstive sexual way. It also has the guy that is rapping sitting on top of a giant butt. Remember, we were teenagers.

Well, the next day at service, during lunch, she whips out a videotape. She recorded the video! She popped in the tape into the sister's VHS player and shows all the other pioneers and whoever else was there this "funny" video she recorded during our lunch time! (The sister allowed it.) People either laughed or did not say anything. Someone told on her to the elders and she had a stern talking to! She was told that whatever house they meet in for service should be treated like the KH.

I thought it was pretty stupid for her to show it, but it sure was funny watching all these uber pionners munch on their sandwiches and watch Baby Got Back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit