In your memory, what was the nicest day you had out in field service?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have two stories:

1) Friday field service always consisted of going on return visits that were close to, or on the way to, garage sales the pioneers had mapped out. Well, one Friday, there was a rich, fancy subdivision that was having a neighborhood garage sale. The only problem was that it was outside our territory and in the territory of another Kingdom Hall. We all swore each other to secrecy and went, stopping at laundrymats on the way, to keep our time going. I was a young teen pioneer when this happened, and it felt fun to be a bit of a rebel with the rest of the pioneers! Either they kept doing it or someone found out, but they totally got busted for it, and never did it again! (That I know of!)

2) The other pleasant memory happened when I was kid and we drove many, many miles to work unassigned territory. It was deep in the woods and I found the biggest piece of petrified wood I had ever seen! It was quite a find for a 10 year old. I still have it today!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It always depended on the car group. And it was fun going out in the country,and having lots of laughs. Sadly,I was the type who hoped no one answered,lol.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah, when the whole block were not at homes, made the time go faster.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The day I met an apostate at her door and she calmly and intelligently explained why she left.

Her reasons were:

hypocrisy/lack of love

unreasonable restrictions and demands

unfulfilled prophecy/outrageous unverifiable claims by the society over the years

She also told me very earnestly "you should get out as soon as you can, you will be much happier if you do",(at that time I did'nt realise I was unhappy).

I look back now and can see how her words started a cascade of doubting in my mind, that I wish I could thank her for now.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Pointless - It was a waste of everyones life. Mine, yours, the people

we studied with, the householders time was wasted as well.

Pleasenat sunny days can be enjoyed, having nothing to do with

the Watchtower. When we are young, we have fun in any way

we can wherever we are and whatever we are doing, the activity

of being in 'field service' had nothing to do with the emotions.

It was about being in Morrow Bay that made you happy.

• eva luna
    eva luna

My friend and I would leave an hour early.

Stop off at a market and buy a can of beans, bread and a bag of wood.

Pull off our ugly practical shoes , put on our mochasins and drive into the Red Woods.

Smile, what dorks we were. Camping breaks in dresses.

I miss her.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

@villagegirl:

I think it's healthy and perfectly okay to try to remember pleasant memories. I grew up in quite an abusive house. We were staunch JWs. Dad was an elder. Totally lived a double life. Trying to remember any speck of pleasantness, as hard as it may be, is what helps keep me sane.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I truly wish I could remember happy times but it all just seems so sad to me now. I was terrirfied of dogs but I still had to go to door with dogs because as I was told Jehovah would not let me be bit. Yet I was bit six times, so I was always on edge. After we got married we lived in the country where a CO had asked my husband to serve becase they needed elders, we drove and drove and drove for hours on end. Some days I would spend 8 to 10 hours in serive and only get out two or three times if I was lucky. The congregation we were asigned to had huge problems and my husband was gone all the time, none of the friends liked me, nor wanted me in their car groups. I could be in the car for 10 plus hours and no one would even speak to me. The house we rented was surrounded by JW's yet I was never invited into any of their homes for the 4 years we lived there.

This does not even begin to touch on before we were married and how none of the elders went out in service but sent their kids out and how I had this small car and I would put 5 to six kids in it with the parents knowing. It's against the law now as I did not have enough seat belts but as long as the elder's and their wive's did not have to go out they were good with me a older teenager taking thier kids out. It was horrible as none of the kids had any respect for me and treated me like dirt.

So no I just do not have good memories of field service, just being yelled at either by the householder or the JW I was with.

LITS

• designs
    designs

Pioneered in some interesting places around Los Angeles. Working the Port of LA was always a fun adventure because of the foreign ships and crews that came in.

We'd get invited onboard and share a meal or drinks with the crews. On one Italian freighter we were served Uzo, we got so bombed we could hardly walk down the long gang plank to the docks.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Designs... lol I love the Port of LA.

Please tell us some more stories. lol

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit