Society money grab tonight

by Red Piller 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

I feel bad for my lame brain family members who will feel guilty because they cannot promise to give anything. They can barely make ends meet each month.

Why the F do they need all this money if the god damn freaking end is so f'n close! I don't know how much longer I can keep my mouth shut anymore when my family preaches to me. This is just sick!

• twice shy
    twice shy

isn't anyone at all questioning this latest brazen theft of money from congregations ?

NO! The stage had been set. They have been setting the stage fo this for quite sometime by sending out those letters telling everyone to obey even if it doesn't make sense and by constantly reminding the congregations that to be anything but united is being disobedient and may bring a great reproach upon Jehovah.

So, no, no one will question it outloud in fear of the consequences it may bring.

I remember an ex-elder out of the blue saying "I'm going to take your phone and when I take it you can't call it stealing because I told you I would and you were well aware that it may come up missing. Watch your back" All of us laughed at such hogwash. It was pretty funny and still very much so. I didn't evn make the correlation until after I began to leave. Now it just fits in perfectly. "It's not stealing you know, if I tell you I'm going to do it." LOL

Is the GB really keen on getting more money in the society's coffers, even if their lifestyle doesn't change a bit?

I realized late in life that I can't truly speak on another person's lifestyle or situation just by what is seen day to day. People tell and/or show what they want you to know. For the most part anyways you don't truly know how someone lives or what they have.

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's never going to be "assemble at the KH the end is here and don't tell ANYONE".

No, the "obey even if it doesn't make sense" is: All your bank accounts R belong to us

• pronomono
    pronomono

No, the "obey even if it doesn't make sense" is: All your bank accounts R belong to us

Good Zero Wing reference.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I would venture to say that they are expecting a decision on the Conti case soon....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This is one of those issues that looks completely different to a person without faith in the religion than it does to a believing JW. Why would a believer have a problem with sending money to the Society? It's supposed to be everyone's money, isn't it? Since when is each congregation its own fiefdom that won't share with others?

I would suggest that those of you who are active JWs be careful in what you say about this to believers, as it's an easy way to out yourself as a non-believer.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apognophos: It's supposed to be everyone's money, isn't it?

No, it's Jehovah's money.

And if you're an active, fully-indoctrinated JW: Jehovah = the WTBTS.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

HUH?!?!?! The CO just said that Jehovah doesn't need money...

DD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, right, Oubliette, that's what I'm trying to say. I can't see why this money grab would bother a faithful Witness because the money is supporting the religion one way or another, whether it's given to the local Hall or the Worldwide work. Except in the extreme cases that have been mentioned on JWN, like cong.s that saved up a lot of money for work on the local Hall, and it sounds like the elders are spending that money ASAP before they have to hand their surplusses over to the Society (which is hilarious).

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

My congregation resolved to continue sending the $1,000+ they were previously sending for their mortgage. One brother commented during the discussion for the resolution and asked if it would be possible to resolve to send MORE than the usual $$ amount since the box in the back was being eliminated. Someone else said, nothing has really changed, we're just calling it something different. Also, the CO's apartment is getting new everything (counters, heating system, landscaping, windows, etc.) and they're paying for that too without batting an eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit