Society money grab tonight

by Red Piller 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Wow. You read about it here. But, it still doesn't prepare you.

Our hall passed a resolution to give about 15,000 to the WT. (So, our bank amount can be at the "suggested balance". (Oh and thanks for giving us permission to keep some of what is our money. Everybody in the hall should be indignant...)

We had a separate resolution for a fixed monthly amount.

Its amazing.They'll receive these large amounts of cash without having to truly commit to anything, in return.

Maybe it was my imagination, but the elder seemed uncomfortable during the whole announcement.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

How much was the monthly amount?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

At a time when the WTS has never been more richer ..... sick bastards

If your in the States , tell the rest of the people in your Hall that HQ in New York has

a half billion sitting in bank accounts collecting interest.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

The monthly amount is 350

It's true, if the the end is so close, why not spend the billions of dollars from RE sales for the preaching work? Instead of creating a plan for a windfall and income stream.

Individual JW's are instructed to ignore any career advancement chances, to not invest. meanwhile, the leaders are setting themselves up nicely.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I'm surprised the monthly amount is only 350$

Still if every cong did 350 a month x12 x 112000 congs = yearly tithe of $470,400,000

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I'm confused - I long ago left the WT - so I do not attend meetings

and this forum is my only way of knowing what is happening in the

"organization" but my question is this, isn't anyone at all questioning

this latest brazen theft of money from congregations ? What excuse

can they have to impoverish every congregation ? They have no outreach

no work of any kind they perform for the poor, the old, the orphan or

the widows or the homeless, they provide nothing to anybody but piles

of literature that says the same thing over and over.

You do realize that other churches do not have "literature" and Bibles are

provided in the church as you walk in and song books, and coffee and

refreshments are served before service and after, thats the way most

churches operate, and some serve lunch, in addition to all kinds of

charities run by churches.

Is anyone in the Kingdom Hall raising any objections ? Asking any questions ?

The Watchtower runs no day care centers, no schools, no housing projects, no

summer camps for kids, and no recreation programs or music programs.

Nothing at all for those who attend the Kingdom Hall, but chairs to sit in.

Is no one wondering or doing the math on this ? Do the rank and file even

know they sold off the Brooklyn New York buildings ? And that the Watchtower

sign was taken down ? Do they know about the multi million dollar law suits ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't need the money. What they do need is for everyone to be poor all the time, and to be programmed to poverty at the soul level. That is why they insist on no one having a decent job. That is why they expect people to donate, regardless of their situation. This creates a perennial debt for all congregations that can be passed down to the individuals. If that fails to create the desired poverty effect on people, they will take the next step and hound individuals for pledges. Whether those pledges are a flat rate around 10-12 toilet papers a month or they analyze everyone's finances and make [low] estimates of what they "need", forcing them to pledge the difference to the organization, depends on how much is enough. If the 10-12 toilet paper pledge plus "poverty is a virtue" is enough to ensure people being poor into the next life, so be it. Otherwise, look out for pledges based on percentage of income, then whatever they feel the publishers do not need.

And it is not alone. The Grand Boasting Session exalts poverty (and sexlessness, stagnation, not having any time, and even sickness). They have been hounding people to leave good jobs because they interfere with the sprawl of field circus, plus donating more to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. They drum into people that being poor is a blessing--which is going to work on their soul to ensure they are poor for all future lifetimes. This in turn will make it easy for them to be enslaved. And yes, they know what they are doing at the top. Were they merely in need of money, I am sure they could do a sun square as a group and program the energy of the sun into getting plenty of money. Instead, they are interested in damning souls.

As such, I hope Satan punishes them to the max. The leaders deserve to have their souls tortured in ways beyond what they could imagine, and destroyed in torment. They deserve more than simply having their souls dissipated. They are aware of what they are doing--damnation for the flock while spreading this damnation through the community. That is why I am hoping their souls are tortured on their way down--and I hope they reap a bumper crop of poverty and stagnation, along with misery, on their way there. Bad enough for those at the lower levels to realize they were living a lie, but those at the top deserve full damnation.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

WTWizard - zowie dude, I suggest to stop snorting that stuff up your nose.

• talesin
    talesin

villagegirl

I've been out a long time, too. Since I joined here, I've been astonished, many times, over what people in the JW just ACCEPT .... it boggles the mind.

tal

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

VILLAGE GIRL - " Is anyone in the Kingdom Hall raising any objections ? Asking any questions ?"

The answer is 'No', because this is exactly how it works; an Elder will stand up and say, "the Body of Elders would like to put a proposal to the congregation, namely, that from now on the congregation only holds enough money to cover 3 months KH running costs, and that all monies over this amount be sent to the Branch as a donation to support the new Kingdom Hall financing arrangement; all those in favor?. Anyone against? Carried!!"

That's how it works, and NO one will be allowed to question it before, during, or after!!

Every Body of Elders collaborating in this daylight robbery is anti-Christ in every way, and are 21st century Pharisees - but worse! They don't want just ONE coin for their version of the Temple KH tax - they want as much as they can guilt people into giving!

From a Bible point of view, I get comfort from this -

3 "Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

4 He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

6 And now you know what is acting as a restraint, so that he will be revealed in his own due time.

9 But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders

10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved.

11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, (2 Thessalonians 2:3,4,6,9,10,11)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit