Society money grab tonight

by Red Piller 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

NO! The stage had been set. They have been setting the stage fo this for quite sometime by sending out those letters telling everyone to obey even if it doesn't make sense and by constantly reminding the congregations that to be anything but united is being disobedient and may bring a great reproach upon Jehovah.

I agree with twice shy.

THIS is the order everyone is supposed to "obey even if it doesn't make sense."

And JWs are doing just that.

(Frankly, this is an easy one to not think about and blindly obey. It's not letting your child die or anything, and we all know they can do that. JWs are probably relieved to just have to fork over thousands of dollars in cash..)

Our congregation will transfer a one time donation of U$26,300 and a monthly donation U$1145

Welcome, InsidetheKH!

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Every one needs to resist and not pay anything.

Give them a taste of their own medicine.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Yeah I will NOT Obey ! If I don't turn in a service slip. What made them thinK i'd give them dollars?

I need those to tip strippers baby

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Still if every cong did 350 a month x12 x 112000 congs"

Yeah. Very realistic. Thousands upon thousands of congregations in Congo, Benin, Togo, Nicaragua, India, Sri Lanka, Burma, Moldova etc. etc. donating 350$ each - monthly ................ Very, very realistic.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

They just want to see how much they get away with.

They won't get one penny from me.

• metatron
    metatron

Most congregations I know were sending $ for building Kingdom Halls before this - or paying a mortgage.

This new arrangement will suffer in 2 ways:

1) the WTS takes the money set aside and...... congregations stop savings thereafter.

2) Apathetic Witlesses and craven, sycophant elders pledge monthly payments they won't seriously pay.

Once upon a time, Assemblies had food services. The food used to be pretty good at one time. They used to let the cops patrolling stadium grounds eat too.

Then, the "voluntary donation' took over and the food vanished. It was embarrassing to watch.

With this precedent in mind, why would anyone think this new coercion will work over the long term? And with less mags and literature, why not reduce donations for these, if forced to pay donations otherwise?

metatron

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

The Danish at the assemblies were pretty good in those days.

Probably my only good memory of bring a witness affilaite child.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm still wondering about the legality of this big money grab by the Watchtower corporation, I think they may have to give it back after an audit. At least I hope so it sounds so much like robbery I can't see how they can get away with it.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Ahhh....but it will be used wisely for the new Beth Sarims in Walkill, Florida and Wales. How dare everyone deny the Governing Body richly deserved "fruits".

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Don't you think it's a bit inappropriate for you to question the motives or the machinations of these "Glorious Ones"?

I mean really.

heh heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit