New to The Jehovahs Witness Faith and need some help

by jnjburkett 171 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

She did considerably more than that. And as you can see, it's common knowledge amongst JWs.

• jonza
    jonza

I suspect you are being genuine, but I implore you to do you research. I am a Christian, but I got involved with a JW woman and wanted to study what they believe myself. I wanted to test what I believe, to see if they really do have the truth.

It was like heading down a rabbit hole. They appear on the front very benign and innocent until you look deeper.

Please see this: http://www.culteducation.com/warningsigns.html

They meet many of the warning signs for being a cult. Remember these signs as you find out more. Ask about who the Faithful and Discreet slave is.. It's 7 men in NY.

Here are some quotes directly from their website that you can read about how you are supposed to obey these men, even if it doesn't seem to make sense:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009123 Feb 15th 2009 "Governing Body are FDS"
    P17 "The faithful and discreet slave today is represented by the Governing Body, who take the lead and coordinate the Kingdom-preaching work throughout the earth. The members of the Governing Body are experienced, spirit-anointed elders. They in particular can be described as “those who are taking the lead” among us."

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010685 WT Sept 15th 2010, so the Governing Body is Christ?
    P8 "The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402011526?q=obey+faithful+and+discreet+slave&p=par WT July 15th 2011 obey FDS to have Jehovah's approval
    P11 "What do you do when the faithful and discreet slave tells you to try a way of preaching that you never tried before? Do you obey even if this way of preaching seems very difficult to you?"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402011525 WT July 15th 2011
    P17 "But we are acting against Jehovah’s purpose if we do not obey the faithful and discreet slave or if we choose to obey only what we think is important."

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013846 WT Nov 15th 2013 Obey even if it doesn't make sense?
    P17 " At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

• Maat13
    Maat13

I'll chime in here....

jnj,....continue your research outside of any information provided by the WTBTS.

While I too was questioned directly by a couple of posters about my status with the JW's, consider it normal. Not responding will only substantiate everyone's claim of you trolling. Including mine. You see, as a few have already pointed out, including one who was never a JW, there is a certain culture and language within the organization...it can't be faked...

if you truly seek assistance, you've come to the right place...but just poking your nose in is an insult to us who have gone through and still are going through much pain caused by this organization..

ive read through every post in this thread...you have not responded....what say you?

And for the record (everyone)...I plan on stomping out trolls...if there are active JWs on this site be very well aware that if you post on any topics I start...I will not be kind...even if it means I lose my membership....I believe in being raw and uncut about facts....because just as it was once said

"you want the truth....you can't handle the truth"

again....what say you?

Maat

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

At my last elders schools the do mentioned the ymca being apostasy. The rank and file may not know but every single elder knows and c.o. and d.o.

There is no way that half the Congo is going to the ymca... The young men's Christian association.

No one with half a brain will believe the entire Congo elders included are doing this in the open.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

She's not a Troll.. I have had a lengthy PM Dialogue with her, since her initial post.. She is sincere. She thought this was a JW Site. Abd she was bewildered by the Responses she has received.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So how how is her JW friend a card carrying YMCA member with the elduhs a-ok with it?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

When I was a JW I had a membership to the YMCA on Several occasions.. It is a Conscience matter, and the opinions vary from cong to cong.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Objectivetruth,

the congregations I've attended over the last 11years, and there were many, would have considered a person who made a conscious decision to be a member of any gym or fitness center to be spiritually weak.

I caught flack for joining Lifetime Fitness...spending time working out or running or staying in shape instead of door to door ministry was a recipe for internal shunning...it didn't matter that I was doing informal witnessing.

it does not matter whether jnj is trolling or not ...one fact remains, knowing elders and others with YMCA memberships raises many Red Flags...

and quite frankly it would be great to hear the response from Jnj...

Maat

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I was an elder for years up until 2 years ago. Being a member of the ymca has never been a conscience matter.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

JNJ,

Are you rich or well off economically? Alternatively do you or your husband have a good job..say asst. bank manager or top level executive in some firm, or yet, a successful businessman? The reason I ask is such entrants into the JW fold are accorded a red carpet welcome and made to feel that they are the star VIP attractions in the congregation. Sure you are being taught their brand of Bible History and it all seems so enlightening - a renniasance in the Christian Faith. But as rosyas they( The JW's) may seem and smell- and some of them are genuinly nice people- the well-meaning respondants to your query in this forum, have been through it all and have experienced and seen through the hypocrisy and deceipt that accompanies this orgs. indoctrination process . Its policies and Modus Operandi is cloned from the practices of Catholic church during the dark ages and the 15th-early 20th centuries. As someone has said earlier - this is the "honeymoon" period you are going through. Once the novelty wears off you will begin to doubt and and ask questions for which they will have no answers. At least not rational ones. Think of this forum then. We'll be here.

Meanwhile enjoy the attention, adulation and the illusions of "TRUTH" that you bask in at the moment . I do not mean to offend your sensibilities.Just stating a fact.

HT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit