Jehovah's Witness Tragedy - a series of installments.

by Julia Orwell 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Brother Wanis is a real person. He's an absolute Nazi elder who gave me some real grief. He's like if you got the worst trait of every elder ever and rolled them into one person.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

------>>> Tell me what is next??? ??? ???

Are you going to write he received no acknowledgement from the Sydney Branch and later that (this?) year he saw an Elder's wife wearing it???

LL... who likes (loves) to read mystery's.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I can't reveal the story! I can tell you Adam has the perfect thing to cheer him up though!

• talesin
    talesin

I used to edit people's work for a living, and lately, doing some free stuff for friends who are writing, as you. Some memoirs, some fiction. I'm so enjoying this story.

Time for me to say good nite, and am looking forward to the next section. Ah, the ring, and no acknowledgment of receipt. Hmmm.

Congratulations on the new job! and I would say, a great future as a writer.

xx

tal

lol ... Are you saying there is a real Brother W- anis ... Wa - nis ... Wan-is... or Wa - ni -s??? Still very funny last name. lol

LL

• talesin
    talesin

I can tell you Adam has the perfect thing to cheer him up though!

Cheeky! Teasing us like that! :P

Good Night Talesin.

Good Afternoon Julia.

Night, night for me and I hope no more JW nightmares this week for me either.

Julia, happy to hear of your new job. Yay Julia!

What a great way to pay bills. With a job you love!

Night.

LL

• KateWild
    KateWild

Julia,

I loved reading it. I like that it's fast paced and not much details, it's easy reading and fun. Some novels with lots of details are boring and I tend to lose track of the point of the story. I could relate to it. I think it's good for the JW and exJW community, but I wouldn't know how you would market something like that and make a profit

Looking forward to the next bit

Kate xx

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Great stuff, Julia! Fast paced, totally relatable to the ex-JW. Looking forward to more!

There is such a sad, creepy undertone to the story, the lack of feeling in the JW characters-- that mindless devotion to the org--

your writing style and story is reminiscent of John Steinnbeck, nice work. :)

• Brainfloss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit