Jehovah's Witness Tragedy - a series of installments.

by Julia Orwell 66 Replies latest social entertainment

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Julia i am so hooked on your story! I love your style. Can't wait for more. I hope you have gotten to feeling better.

Marina

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is no doubt that it originally was "Millions Now Living Will Never Die."

See page 163 of Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers

of God's Kingdom.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, Alfred remembers it but his son is of my generation who only know it by whatever the wt last called it.

I have written more and I shall post it tonight. I've started my new job so I'm a little behind on writing atm.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Enjoying this. Looking forward to more.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe Village Girl was right that the characters need to be fleshed out more. There is good material already. The piece would be more powerful if the main character and the nasty evil elder were more human. You probably have them fleshed out in your mind. In my opinion, it is a good essay piece. Alas, I never studied creative writing. There must be material online that tells you had to do it simply without losing too much space.

What matters is what you think b/c your name will be on the final piece. I read a collection of Gore Vidal short stories. Some were only three to four pages.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks for the feedback. I've studied, edited and taught writing plus tutored education at a university level. I've written stories of no more than 700 words, but this subject is more a novella than short story.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made in writing, and I'm deliberately making the characters flat because that is how i see jws. I probably will elaborate on them a bit more in the final edit, but keep them quite bare still.

• roberto avon
    roberto avon

Julia, don't you continue the story? It would be fantastic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit