Question for active trolley publishers. Are you told not to approach anyone unless they approach you as part of your trolley training?

by KateWild 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jebuz said don't hide your light under a bushel - I don't recall an instruction to hide the bible in a trolley.

• blondie
    blondie

At the university here, jws had tables but could not approach people to talk to them...part of the rules. Are there rules for the locations were these trolleys are.

Reminds me of how jws would just stand mute holding up publications. I wonder if that is the way the apostle Paul did it in the marketplace.

• Listener
    Listener

When I was in Hong Kong there was a trolley just outside the ferry terminal going to China. I didn't have time to stop and chat but I wanted to ask them if they warned people that their literature was banned in China.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Weird - It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George hires the carpet cleaner cult members

and they ignore him and he then wants to join. And why no Bible??

Its weirder and weirder and weirder.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Why no Bible?

What is the reasoning behind that rule?

I thought Jehovah's Witnesses based everything on the Bible...

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

My understanding is the NO BIBLE direction is to avoid costs. These are relatively expensive compared to their paperbacks and people are too interested in purely the Bible.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Another question???????????????

Do you have to be a regular pioneer to man the trolley?

Kate xx

• trujw
    trujw

Stubble winner winner chicken dinner. It's the circle of follow the money

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My understanding is the NO BIBLE direction is to avoid costs. These are relatively expensive compared to their paperbacks and people are too interested in purely the Bible.

HA!, you wouldn't want to get "God's Word" into their hands, especially when they are highly interested, when you can get "Watchtower's words" into their hand instead.

Could pioneers have an easier time getting "their time" ? Set up your "trolley" and then just talk to each other. That's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation. Pioneers get "time" which is what they really want to keep their special title. People are not bothered on the street. Watchtower has two members encouraging each other for hours and gets some of it's recruiting information out there on the street.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

My understanding it all depends on the type of ministry. Here it the UK, there is:

- Metropolitan: Organised and directed by the branch and only for good standing pioneers. You have to send an application and are expected to be there on the days you are assigned.

This type does not use trolleys and the brothers and sisters hold the magazines in their hands. The technique they use is eye contact and greeting people passing by and asking if they want magazines.

- Trolley: organised by congregation and done on rota bases, usually accompanied by a pioneer. Dress code is fully suited and booted, same as business territory. One stays at the trolley, in case someone approaches and stand with couple of magazines and follows same process of metropolitan.

I think it all depends on your partner and if you are shy!

EDIT: and yes no bibles visible, no place to have hold them and we do not give any away. Only Bible teach book and WT/Awake combo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit