Question for active trolley publishers. Are you told not to approach anyone unless they approach you as part of your trolley training?

by KateWild 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

If you actively do FS on a trolley I would love you to answer this question. If you don't but know publishers that do can you ask them please.

Are you told not to approach anyone unless they approach you as part of your trolley training?

Thanks Kate xx

• suavojr
    suavojr

Kate,

We are told to not approach people unless they come close to look at the literature. Also, it is imperative for us to never display the bible.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I knew it, it's so obvious. Have a look at my other thread, I actually talked about the prodigal son, and said have you got a bible?I was told they were hidden in the trolley. The sister reluctantly got it out, I would have used it more but she took it off me as soon as she found out I was Df'd, she must have thought I would demonise it.

Thanks for such a quick response.

Kate xx

• talesin
    talesin

There is a set-up about 3 blocks from me. They have a stand with literature. I was really tired the day I spotted them, last week or so, but did walk rather close and tried to catch one's eye (female and male, maybe 30ish). They kept chatting to each other and did not speak or make eye contact.

I thought that was odd, too!

t

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

This is very telling about how urgent this work really is.

I wonder if a big city found out that the water was not safe to drink, would they set up a trolley with flyers and make a rule to not approach anybody unless they came to the trolley first?

You can really tell how unimportant it is whether or not these books make it to the general public. From the ORG's perspective these have already been paid for, so for all they care, you can make a bonfire with them.

• KateWild
    KateWild

red,

I think it must be a legal thing, if their not selling to or stopping the public they are allowed to be there without a permit. If they stop people and the pedestrians complain the police will move them on, especially if a zelous JW stops the same person everyday at the same time and counts 7 RVs a week LOL!

Kate xx

• suavojr
    suavojr

Kate,

You know they get the blessing from the Legal Dept. before doing anything, and then Jehovah can bless their work.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Yes, but not even attempting eye-contact? That's just bizarre. I spotted my first trolley after starting a new job in Warsaw. They were parked under a billboard that was about 60 ft. tall with a scantily clad beach babe. I was going to get a pic, but it seems like they wised up and moved down a bit.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for that Fade, made me smile. Milosc Kate xx

• Mikado
    Mikado

I saw one at a very popular tourist area where lots of Chinese tourists visits. all their mags were in Chinese. Another guy approached them and asked, what are you selling? they replied, oh no we're just talking to people about god. Not being alone gave me the impulse to approach them, so i asked what religion are you? they very reluctantly replied JWs, I was near a whole group of Chinese people, and said, OH in a very negative manner and told the Chinese people not to have anything to do with them.. They all looked very warily at it and left..

What would happen to a Chinese person unlucky enough to get involved? they would end up loosing all their family, their culture,everything.

imagine telling them they could no longer celebrate Chinese New Year and that they would have to disown their family??

I walked away feeling physically sick... some things never leave you I believe...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit