Question for active trolley publishers. Are you told not to approach anyone unless they approach you as part of your trolley training?

by KateWild 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sooo....

Long story short, former JW friends came out to visit a still JW friend and decided (after 13 years) they'd love to see me. I had mixed feelings, but agreed to the visit which was a day touring the LA and Hollywood area. For breakfast we ended up at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and right there on the corner was a literature trolley. The two attendees were very engaged in a discussion between themselves on a very crowded corner with people waiting to cross the street in various directions. Odd place IMO. The comments in the car were seemed like they were embrassed about this new form of witnessing.

So, later on a veryt hot and humid Hollywood Blvd, we see another. Right on the corner of Hollywood and Highland...prob the busiest corner of the street. People have to almost trip over them. Seems they fit right in with the Scientologist who also canvass the street passing out pamphlets. I turned to my group and said "your people!" We saw two groups of trolleys pushing the carts up and down Hollywood Blvd.

At the same time there was a group of a dozen, elderly, Christian evangelists (possibly Korean) with signs and singing hymms...and a Michael Jackson impersonator right next to them. I have a 14 second video but I don't know how to post it.

Anyhoo...wow. These trolleys are right there in the middle of it.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Dag,

I would love to see the video. Can you send it to my phone? It sounds surreal.

zed

• St George of England
    St George of England

From the latest instructions:-

8. Determining who may participate in public witnessing: The Congregation Service Committee will select qualified publishers to participate in this feature of the ministry. Those selected should be known to present themselves in a dignified way. Their appearance and dress should be professional, well-arranged, and modest. Those selected should demonstrate discernment and a willingness to witness in different public settings, should enjoy and promote good relations with others, should be committed to taking the assignment seriously, and should be willing to cooperate with the body of elders.

12. When publishers are using a literature cart, stand, table, or kiosk, they should be instructed not to approach people directly, but to let people approach them. There may be an advantage to standing a few feet away so that passersby will feel free to approach. Publishers should always display a warm smile and a friendly manner. Appropriate eye contact also gives evidence of personal interest in others and shows that we have something important to share. If someone shows interest, the publisher should warmly introduce himself, should invite the individual to take any literature that interests him, and should ask if the individual has any questions. Publishers engaged in public witnessing should be willing to speak with all who approach.

George

• Dagney
    Dagney

zed...done.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Cool that this thread has been bumped. I just came back from a trip downtown in my small Canadian town. I seen my first JW trolley on the corner of the municipal building. Very weird concept. Two JW's just standing there holding up a tract and there was not even anybody walking by them. Of course it's all a sham and just about counting easy time. The JW religion has gone bat-shit crazy.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Same with the University my child is attending, debates are ensued because why are JWs putting carts in High Educations locations, something they despise unless they can bleed it for everything for free.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Student organizations should set up right next to Jehovah's Witnesses at Universities and make their time there uncomfortable. This cult is constantly demeaning higher education as part of Satan's system, and the JW presence there should be seen as discouraging people from attending University. Any students that they could recruit into the cult would be encouraged to drop out of college and pioneer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit