What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

My guess SPIRIT is future existence which is the only form of existence

Yes, but that doesn't make logical sense. There is no connective logic and saying "future existence is the only form of existence" doesn't make sense.

So what exactly is spirit? its a word. What is freewill? a word...

So is it future existence or word? One makes no sense and the other is a metaphor.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Agreed Vivianne ...thats why i avoid these deep topics. ...but you seemed sincere and good at heart with YOUR question " what is spirit". Well i replyd with feeling and sentiment to your question. " what is spirit?" well the answer is its a word. like Vivianne is a word

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Now what is " Logical scence" your interpritation or mine?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Saying it's a word is just a metaphor. That means it's whatever you want it to mean. As far as logical sense, you are making a claim that spirit = future existence = the only kind of existence.

There no logic to explain, that. That explains nothing, it's just words strung together.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well what do you want me to say? That all humun existence is wasteful matter as far as the universe is concerned...totally useless. That the SPIRIT is only the mind, a myth a symbol ...i have my own idea about the spirit and i consider it " future existence" ie the eyes the heartbeat the sunlight shinning on my tomorrow..thats what the spirit is to me....my future existence.

The word ovbiously means something else to you...but its only words.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I don't want you to say anything. I am just asking you to explain the contradictions in what you write.

So, your answer is no different from "it's a metaphor". Still no closer to explain what angels are made of.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

maybe Vivianne. ..and we can leave it at that?

Or we can continue this thread of your puzzle " what is spirit?" and we can discuss the angles and deeper meaning, and answer with philosophic answers/ questions and conclude there is no one answer to your question....and learning to say A B C D E is easy but to put letters together and make words out of them is highly complicated.

So if " spirit " exists how can the intellect reflect it in letters?

• Viviane
    Viviane

You still aren't making sense. It's a simple question that, thus far, isn't even close to being answered.

If angels are spirits, what is this spirit stuff made of?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Vivianne i am an athiest, but thanks to the world bringing my bookshop into home i can now fix any electrical appliance, make food of high quality and i h have seen my eyes opened to the trurh of Dante's Hell....and yes i dont believe the dead return to the living...but i believe my spirit is future existence..and thats my tomorrow, my tonight...my interpretation of the word SPIRIT and what it is to me. And then someday its non existence ....but for me its a word.

So for ME.thats what spirit is. You may see it as making no sence..but words are such an imperfect way to communicate.

:-( , :-)

• Viviane
    Viviane

To sum up, it's a metaphor for whatever you want it to mean.

Still no closer to an explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit