What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm glad you liked them.

I realize you said that to be bitingly sarcastic and not be taken seriously.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It should be patently clear by now that viviane is looking for tangible stuff. You know, the kind of things scientists can test and measure and stuff.

We know that a body can be revived with shots of adrenalin, electrical jolts to the heart or CPR sometimes. But there is a certain force in the cells of living organisms, that once it is gone, the body/organism cannot be revived. You can put the body on life support machines to keep its blood oxygenated and circulating. You can feed the body nutrients through IV, but if you unhook the life support machines, the body will begin to decompose immediately. What is it that keeps a body in a still living, revivable state? What is that force? What gives a body life? Why can't we use electricity or adrenalin to revive a body that has lost this force? We know the force exists and that when it's gone, that's it: death, dead, or as Johnny 5 said, "Disassembled!" <....movie reference. The force in intangible, but we know it exists. Doctors, scientists, us--we all know it exists. What is it though? The only measure or test we have for it is a living, breathing organism and its death. As my mother died, the nurses already had her blood pressure cuff in place so they could determine that she had no blood pressure or heart beat. There are brain wave tests that can be done to see if there is activity left in the brain. The tests, when negative, concur that the death has happened. There isn't really an instrument to gauge the force that kept the body alive and revivable. Call that force what you will. The force makes animation and life possible and when it is gone, the lack of it makes death complete and irreversible. You can't pour it in a cup and measure the force. You can't see it in blood work. You can't catch it in a balloon. It has no color or smell. You can't catch it with your hand. Still, we know it exists.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And again, you have no idea what I have or don't. Please stop making claims out of ignorance.

And again: If you have the answer to your question, then post it. Otherwise, it's looking like Village Girl may be right about your motives for starting the thread.

• Viviane
    Viviane

So FHN's answer can be summed up as "She doesn't know".

Still no closer to an answer from those that assert such a thing exists. Curious.

And as far as my motives, you two were the ones that incorrectly and ignorantly tried to make claims about me. I am under no obligation to respond to that rudeness. If you two though you could corner me with cheap rhetoric and ridiculous accusations, you thought incorrectly.

• cofty
    cofty

But there is a certain force in the cells of living organisms,...We know the force exists and that when it's gone, that's it:...The force in intangible, but we know it exists. Doctors, scientists, us--we all know it exists...The force makes animation and life possible and when it is gone, the lack of it makes death complete and irreversible. You can't pour it in a cup and measure the force. You can't see it in blood work. You can't catch it in a balloon. It has no color or smell. You can't catch it with your hand. Still, we know it exists. - FHN

There is no such force. You are repeating an "old wives tale".

• galaxie
    galaxie

SPIRIT to a human body is simply the air we breath, as gas (petroleum) is to an engine.

Cut of the supply to either and the consequences are obvious.

Its the efficacy of the oxygen on all our vital organs which stimulates our brains which seem to have the ability to conjure up the kind of woo woo non...sense which supernatural believers come up with.

In my humble opinion of course.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

What is spirit? I always avoid the deep discussions on this board. You see i dont value my contribution. Its like chess i know how to play chess but i wouldnt say i can play chess. But i was reading this thread and thinking on the subject " What is spirit, exactly?" my guess is its future existence, which is the only form of existence. I think thats all it can be. And yet future existence is always non existence. So i guess with that answer you see why i avoid the deep discussions.

• Viviane
    Viviane

my guess is its future existence, which is the only form of existence.

I am not sure I follow that. The only thing that exists is something that hasn't happened yet?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Vivianne. What is spirit?

And you ask thequestion be answerd in words?

My guess SPIRIT is future existence which is the only form of existence. I think its all that it can be. Yet future existence is only non existence.

Its words, and words and how we use them are the only continuation on this post which exists but hasnt happened yet.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

So what exactly is spirit? its a word. What is freewill? a word...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit