What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Twitch, Village Girl and Jgnat, you've got it nailed.

I asked:

What makes you a living thing? As is opposed to a dead thing? What makes living things live? What makes them alive verses dead?

Twitch answered my question when giving a copy and paste definition from a dictionary.

1 : an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms

I like this following definition as well.

1. having the power of sense perception or sensation; conscious

Sentience is a very good word for conscious, perceiving awareness.

--from Twitch's definition:

4 : the immaterial intelligent or sentient part of a person

VG, your post number 946 is insightful.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

This thread Smells Like Teen Spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

zed

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Zed, what happened to you a while ago?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Twitch, Village Girl and Jgnat, you've got it nailed.

Well, yes, if that had anything to do with the queston. It doesn't. So far we're no closer to an answer than when we started...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

>>>>>>>So far we're no closer to an answer than when we started...<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Some of us had the answer before this thread was started. For you, there isn't really an answer, at least for now.

• Viviane
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Respectfully, Viviane, you are speaking for yourself and maybe some others, but not for all of us. We have the answer, had the answer, before you asked the question. You don't have the answer. You may never have the answer.

• Viviane
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

On this, thread, however, we are exactly no closer than when I made the thread.

Your words, not mine.

Please stop making claims out of ignorance.

Is that what you say each time you don't get the answer you want?

If you have the answer to your question, then post it. Otherwise, it's looking like Village Girl may be right about your motives for starting the thread.

So which is it? You know the answer or you don't? Or is this just some cat and mouse game you're playing? Which are you, the cat or the mouse? Are you certain?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Your words, not mine.

Yes. They are. I'm glad you liked them.

Is that what you say each time you don't get the answer you want?

It's what I write when people make incorrect claims about me born of pure ignorance and try to present them as fact, as you did.

If you have the answer to your question, then post it. Otherwise, it's looking like Village Girl may be right about your motives for starting the thread.

I never claimed to have it. You did.

You are the one that made claimes you so far haven't been able to back up. I am not saying you can't, just at this point you have made a claim and, when directly asked multiple times for the answer, you have prevaricated and attempted to make this personal and about me.

So which is it? You know the answer or you don't? Or is this just some cat and mouse game you're playing? Which are you, the cat or the mouse? Are you certain?

It's utterly irrelevant. It was an illustration showing that you made an ignorant claim regarding me. I do appreciate your attempt to make this about me, but let's get back on topic.

You claimed to know what spirit is made of. Please tell us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit