They are going to charge members monthly fees now! Society Tyranny

by MysticMage 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

JW GoneBad -

rebel8: 'Can anyone present evidence that "They are going to charge members monthly fees "?'

You mean like this?

That is not an official form from the WTBTS nor does it request the name of the submitter. It appears the local congregation that passed that slip around wanted to go an extra step to come up with something a bit fancier.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

hahahaha I like rebel8's plan, keep promising and telling them

you will pay, soon, the checks in the mail, then keep changing the amount of

the pledge, promise higher and higher amounts and keep telling them you

will pay very soon now, very very soon. Just keep the faith brothers the money

is coming, shortly, don't plan anything because I will pay up,

when you least expect it.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Still giving each person a slip of paper and telling them to think about how much they can give per month

is still a form of control and power trip. I don't take kindly to anyone telling me what to do. And they messed up big time by pulling this stunt.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Can anybody post the illustration from a Witchtower study afeww years ago? It showed Average joe Jew, kneeling, praying in front of a very phallic altar with something running down it. The caption read: "I will give a tenth of everything I have to you."

The prepping the WTBTS does before sliding in Noolite is crafty. Like the november study on John 6 pointing out that those listening to jesus wd have bothe earthly and heavenly hopes. That change is on the way too

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

MysticMage - Still giving each person a slip of paper and telling them to think about how much they can give per month

is still a form of control and power trip. I don't take kindly to anyone telling me what to do. And they messed up big time by pulling this stunt.

While I agree this is a form of control and they use a lot of guilt tripping tactics, they are still not forcing anyone contribute anything. You will not be kicked out or shunned for not contributing a dime. If you are an elder or MS you will not be considered spiritually weak. I haven't contributed a penny within the last two years. There is no way they can verify who is paying and who isn't. In JWland everything carries on the same. I do agree that this new implementation raises a huge red flag among those awake and there is a lot of pressure on the R&F to donate, but there is still no obligation to do so. There is no tithing going on requiring you to pay a certain amount and there is no membership signup fee or contract you must abide by. I feel some here are grossly exaggerating what's going on.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Suspicious: 'I feel some here are grossly exaggerating what's going on.'

Hey Suspicious compare this quote from an Awake Magazine.....

“In this new and refreshing association with other grateful ones, it became our privilege to lend ourselves generously to the aims and activities of the group. As we enjoyed the conveniences of the Kingdom Hall we became conscious of the fact that it must cost something to maintain such places. There was no need for anyone to shake a collection plate under our nose or supply us with printed dues envelopes, as is the practice in many of Christendom’s religious houses. No one has to solicit funds to carry on the work of the great Owner of the universe, we learned. Yes, we came to realize that it is repugnant to true Christians to beg, cajole and pressurize people into giving contributions. Responsible men in the congregations, we noted, were fully aware that such solicitation is not in harmony with the spirit and principles of Christianity.” (5/15/73 W pg 298)

....with this slip of solicitation of funds not only for maintaining one's own Kingdom Hall but a solicitaiton of funds for maintaining Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls throughout the world and mind you this commitment is for eternity:

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

While I do agree with the fact that the WTBTS is blatantly contradicting their own teachings and showing a measure of dishonestly, I was simply pointing out there is no official obligation such as a tithing or a monthly membership fee for each member.

• Shador
    Shador

I'll put down the same thing I did when my cong. did this for their remodel - $0. Yes, I wrote that and turned it in.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Still giving each person a slip of paper and telling them to think about how much they can give per month is still a form of control and power trip. I don't take kindly to anyone telling me what to do. And they messed up big time by pulling this stunt.

Agreed, and it's the sort of thing the Borg has poked fun at other churches for doing, for over 100 yrs, IIRC.

Asking people to pledge for a monthly voluntary donation is not charging anything, nor is it a fee.

I think it's important to be accurate when we're venting.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

I donated a candy cane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit