They are going to charge members monthly fees now! Society Tyranny

by MysticMage 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Well there you have it folks. They have passed around pieces of paper for each publisher to write

down how much they are willing to give the Society every month for their entire lives!

Sounds like a monthly tax to me. I thought only mormons did that.

Now I see they are all about the money.

Are the sheep going to pay? or will there be a rebellion?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Most will pay, there will be no rebellion.

The question is: what will they do when pledges keep falling short each month? publisdhers leave? Will the CO suggest elders make up for it by giving more themselves?

Some have got to open their eyes and see what is really happening. It is about the money! Jehovah does not support them- they are asking for money!

And again, what are they doing with all the money that comes in? The gb will not let the public or witnesses ever really know.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

I'm sure they are getting drunk and eating Lobster.

While i can hardly afford sardines in a can

Those greedy bartards!

Oh there will be an underground rebellion...

this the tipping point. Word on the street is many plan to rebel.

I just wonder what the elder plan to do about it.

This is going to get interesting as it unfolds

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe the WTBTS leaders feel that they will get MORE money this way, even if it declines over time? The sheeple will do anything that the GB/JEEHOOBER command. Look at the "International Convention Delegate" scam! They can rake in huge sums of money with the occasional "Special Theocratic Event" and also get some $$$ monthly.

It's like a big flywheel. It just needs the occasional push to keep spinning. As long as it doesn't stop, things are good. Sadly, it's greased with the blood, sweat and tears of loyal dubbies.

DD

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

They won't a cent for me.

I am prepared to write a letter of independence.

They are oppressing their members worst than the King in Britain.

I really hope people rebel and finally see they are being used for money.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Sorry I meant they won't get a cent from me.

• blondie
    blondie

Who turns in the slip...it's anonymous, so how do the elders know? How will they know you don't pay?

• twice shy
    twice shy

They say we have 170 publishers are month end says we receive about $1100 if you do the math thats about $6 per publisher. So it looks like the donations have been trying up for a while. Especially if you look at the few publishers that give $100 or more at one time.

It looks like the Elders have been absorbing the extra costs for some time. So in a sense they've been paying dues already.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Well hello blondie you're beautiful !

well blondie I'm not going to turn in the slip.

They think they can order me to pay money they got another thing coming.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

twice shy

Yes I've known elders ad Mis Servants pay the extra costs out of pocket.

I think this a power grab by the Society. They want to see how far they can push

their so called "power".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit