Additional BOE Letter: Please Be Advised that Further Direction Will Soon be Sent to the Bodies of Elders...

by TTATTelder 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Don't ever remember jesus asking for funding....The whole wbts company seems to be based on money grabbing....to what end?...

• jwstudy
    jwstudy

I will add the info here in Japan.

Recently, a brother made inquiry to the governmental office about the religious monetary funds.

He got an answer that if you operate the fund which lend money to

several persons or corporations regardless of its interest,

you are required to register and come under the "Money Lending Business Act".

That indicates the possibility of the illegality of WT loan funds here in Japan.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Our letter was read last Thursday, and surveys were handed out. It doesn't make sense to send out the surveys, because we had a loan for a remodel. At least I thought we did.. Anyway, have all the BOE's received the second letter? Are the Elders told not read the follow-up letter to the sheeple? As far as my KH knows, the surveys are to be turned in next week and then a resolution will take place. It seems like that is not the case. A resolution may be taken, but it may not be the "correct" resolution. It will be held in abeyance.

It seems like the WTBTS doesn't know what they are doing. Everything is in abeyance. Is Jeehoober waiting for his bank statement??

DD

• life is to short
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

I will add the info here in Japan [...] if you operate the fund which lend money to several persons or corporations regardless of its interest, you are required to register and come under the "Money Lending Business Act".

Thanks for that info, jwstudy. I would like to know if anyone can find what law in the U.S. DwainBowman could have been hearing about. I did some research this morning and couldn't find any laws that weren't just for banks, although it may be the case that the banking laws apply to the corporation of the Society which handles the Hall loans. Does anyone know which corporation that is? Looking at this list, I'm wondering about Kingdom Support Services.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

You know only 5 places in the bible mention giving to religion:

Exodus and Numbers have Israelites giving to Moses. Priestly propoganda written in the 400s or 300s BCE!

King Jehoash....Asking for mony for the temple in 2 Kings 12. This is probably a construction work (Solomon never existed) and if the hsistory in 2 Kings is accurate here I would say it was a political move and the WT does NOT do politcal things do they (2 Kings and the Dtr. History are Exilic works about 550BCE)

Of course 2 Corinthians 8 and 9. Two sepeate letters! Read the damn subscriptions in verse 1 of each! These are letter asking for relief and put simply begging.

Galatians 2 is the last but worst example. Here Paul cusses out Peter and then after Peter tells him F You (go to the gentiles) BUT keep the poor in mind which the author (Marcion... not Paul) say I do already. Well sorry this is a story which never happened. Besides that if it id happen Paul was an apostate!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jesus entered the temple and threw out all those selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. And he said to them: β€œIt is written, β€˜My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it a cave of robbers.” - Matthew 21:12, 13

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Just letting you guys know - still no new letter with any further instructions, at least not in my neck of the woods.

It is now Sunday night May 11 here in the US.

Again, the letter of the OP saying "chill out we got some new stuff coming down the pipe" was dated May 2.

It seems to be taking awhile to steady the plane IMO.

-TE

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have had a good laugh reading this OP and the comments it has generated .

I sit here shaking my head , how did I ever convince myself that a god , any god , is leading this organisation .

Comedy script writers could make a million dollars with this material , or is it only us poor sods who left who see the insanity of it all.

smiddy

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

We had the local needs last Friday and the elder read out the first page. Without explaining that the all the funds in our account will be transferred to the society he just said we will hand you slips of paper (These were locally printed, nothing official) and would ask you to put how much money you can put every month due to the new arrangement and drop it in the contribution box. Then said we need answers by Sunday (i.e. 2 days).

There was no further explanation or more details on how or what is happening.

So after the meeting you find some heads of families trying to understand what does this mean. One brother has a Direct Debits (monthly payments from bank) made to the cong account, and the said this money is to cover the expenses, so should I fill what I want to send to the WWW in this slip? Guess what the answer was: Yes!

Absolutely this was wrong, and since I was standing there I explained to him what the process is(Brothers put what they can donate, elders decide how much is they want to leave for expenses and rest goes to WWW) and what will happen (thanks to the posters on this forum - polishing the new light!) to my surprise the elder agreed with me! This shows how no one knows what needs to be done!

A later discussion revealed that another letter was received to explain the procedure and inform the elders that whatever money they decide to send to the society they have to stick to it and not send any less! The elder raised his concern and was worried since for the last 3 months we barely got any contributions to cover the basic expenses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit