Additional BOE Letter: Please Be Advised that Further Direction Will Soon be Sent to the Bodies of Elders...

by TTATTelder 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I knew this was gonna happen. The confusion everyone is describing over elder bodies trying to figure out what amounts to remit, and how to survey the congregation, is requiring a sort of "take two" where the Society has to try to explain things more clearly. Their first letter was a Communication Fail and now they're going to try again.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Even Jehovah's Holy Spirit is having trouble keeping up with the GB!

Perhaps adding some booster rockets to the celestial chariot will help it catch up.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I really feel sorry for the Elders in these 110,000+ congregations. Right about now they must feel like yoyos!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Has something changed?? What am I missing??

DD

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

They are saying wait on further direction before passing any resolutions.

They want to tell the elders exactly how they want them to "figure" the amount to send.

How much do you want to bet they will offer a "suggested" per-publisher minimum?

They are worried the elders' math won't get to a high enough number probably.

-TE

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

DATA-DOG: 'Has something changed?? What am I missing??'

Don't feel so bad DATA-DOG-those are the sentiments of the Holy Spirit as well!

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

I don't get all this "further instruction will come"

They take the time to write us a letter, we take the time to read it, but it basically says "please hold, the next available associate will be with you shortly"

Why not just wait till they can write the full letter? Was there a time crunch for us to stop using the KHAA box ASAP ?

• nugget
    nugget

The survey relates to what is required to meet local expenses not how much each can contribute . So in theory this is how much is required to meet minor repairs and pay the bills whjich is something the accounts servant should already know.

If we are confused and have time to read and digest the letters then god help the congregation who have to make snap decisions after one quick reading.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey DATA-DOG wouldn't it be funny if members of the Governing Body were asking that same question.... 'Has something changed?? What am I missing??'

What a HOOOOT!

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

I caught that too. For LOCAL expenses...

maybee they will say "send everything but the xxx you need to cover electricity.

what I do see happening with these new resolutions is assembly hall like accounts reports.

"dear brothers for the month of June $1200 was recieved. However after all operating expenses including our resolutions, we have a DEFICIT OF $300."

but our normal operating expence may have only been $900. But now we feel guilty and shock. A DEFFICIT? Oh no! We didn't cover our expenses... I better donate more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit