Additional BOE Letter: Please Be Advised that Further Direction Will Soon be Sent to the Bodies of Elders...

by TTATTelder 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I guess this is the part where they were warning the publishers about that they need to shut up and obey even if it makes no sense.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apognophos: this new letter is referring to the simple fact that the Society failed to provide clear instructions

It's not like the first time THAT has happened!

... now the Society needs to collect the sheep in one place again and calm them down.

Well WHO was it that got them all excited and anxious? The people that wrote the first letter. Doh!

All the drama in JW-land, and I mean ALL THE DRAMA, is manufactured by the GB of JWs.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Abeyance-ryhms with obeisance, which ryhms with obedience, which ryhms with Obsolesence, which ryhms with Decadence, which ryhms with Flatulence...

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Obviously we have ourselves a series of letters at this point.

How many will it take to get through this lovely maze they have created?

I have a funny feeling it will take more than just one more letter. We will see at least two more letters and it will provide much entertainment.

The question is - what will the next letter say? Oh the possibilities....

-TE

• Splash
    Splash

Looking for WT principles which may apply here:

*** w81 1/15 p. 29 Do Not Fall Prey to Modern-Day Judaizers! ***
    Christendom, which claims that all her members are spiritual Jews, can boast of her size, her wealth, her many temples, and so try to prove that she is God’s organization.

*** w77 12/15 p. 761 par. 11 “They Will Not Prevail Against You” ***
    The vast wealth of the churches of Christendom brands her as a worshiper of materialism. Active friendship with this world makes her Jehovah’s enemy!

*** w75 12/15 p. 743 Christendom’s “Holy Place” Soon to Be Desolated ***
    The religious systems of Christendom have constructed magnificent buildings throughout the earth. They have also amassed great wealth in other forms. In many lands, these vast holdings are, by reason of their claimed sacred status, exempt from the assessments and taxes imposed upon businesses in general.

*** w72 12/1 p. 724 Will Greedy Ones Perish? ***
    That harlot organization includes the hypocritical church systems of Christendom, which, like the rest of “Babylon the Great,” have “lived in shameless luxury.” (Rev. 18:7) Is it not true that the churches of Christendom have often sought to gain the favor of the rich and influential classes? Has this not led to oppression of the poor while providing religious leaders with a comfortable, yes, even luxurious life? Are not many religious edifices and the regalia of ecclesiastical dignitaries adorned with precious jewels, gold and silver? Has not much of this wealth poured into the coffers of church systems at the expense of the poor?
    On account of such selfish greed, “Babylon the Great” will be destroyed.

*** w71 7/15 p. 420 What Kind of Bread for a Hungry World? ***
    That “plundering” has been done and that Christendom’s churches bear a responsibility cannot honestly be denied. History shows that in many lands Christendom’s churches and church leaders leagued with and favored the wealthy over the poor. It shows that often the churches themselves became very wealthy.

*** w69 4/1 p. 208 par. 3 Why Is Your Ministry Successful? ***
    Material possessions and personal prestige carry no weight with God. The clergy of Christendom seek both and, in doing so, imitate the religious leaders in Jesus’ day. “Now the Pharisees, who were money lovers...

*** w55 3/1 p. 153 par. 26 Supporting Jehovah’s Organization ***
    How Christendom has misappropriated and misused the great wealth collected in God’s name! “Should man rob God? Yet you are robbing me! But you say, ‘How have we robbed thee?’ In the tithe and the contribution! With a curse are you accursed; for you are robbing me; this whole nation!” (Mal. 3:8, 9, AT) All the money extorted from her adherents by Christendom does not bring words of praise to Jehovah nor comfort of his purposes to the people. Instead, Christendom’s wealth is used in idolatry.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

And a scripture:

(John 10:7-10) So Jesus said again: "Most truly I say to you, I am the door for the sheep. 8 All those who have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage. 10 The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance."

Splash

• Watchtower-Free
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well WHO was it that got them all excited and anxious? The people that wrote the first letter.

Sure. Just to be clear, my post was in response to people who are trying to guess the motive of the letter, saying things like, "The Society must not be getting enough pledged money and wants to make the outcome more favorable." No way. The Society doesn't know have any idea how much money they're getting when the letter is just being read this week. What they are getting is panicked phone calls from elders looking for guidance. Hence this stopgap "More instructions are forthcoming" emergency letter.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

IMHO with respect to project management, I agree with Apog. They got a flurry of calls with questions that probably made corporate realize the flaws in the way the information was presented.

Hey, maybe these brake lights that are showing up on the dashboard will help some elders realize there's a problem with the engine.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

They got a flurry of calls with questions that probably made corporate realize the flaws in the way the information was presented.

Holy Spirit must've been napping the first time around.

Incidentally, it's hilarious WT deems itself qualified to print a revised NWT when it can't even get a BOE letter right. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit