Why are JWs so afraid of apostates?

by Magnum 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• emeth
    emeth

stuckinarut no doubts here... besides i dont post (nor read) in threads about doctrines and teachings. I am not here to discuss teachings and doctrines. I know the most important arguments used by opponents by now and knew them before i became a witness.i dont like hiding and secrets.. with Jehovah watching you cant keep any secrets.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Emeth says .... Point was this forum is doing nothing besides keeping obsessive apostates talking with each other , some of you left the JW several decades ago but

still are busy with your former religion every day.. I call that insane.

Hardly, the reason most come here including myself is help people realize and be aware of this dangerous maligning religious cult and to help ones wishing to leave it.

Information is the key here, call it a humanitarian act of love and compassion .

For example I became a member to JWN at the time when a young JW couple were letting their new born babies die by refusing Blood Transfusions.

People have thanked members here many times for them see the actual truth about the corrupt Watchtower Corporation and and damage it has done both in the past

and present, we hope one day you too will see the dangers and leave this very disingenuous religious publishing cult as well.

Make the world a better place for all Emeth.

• emeth
    emeth

@finkelstein you call it a humanitarian act of love and compassion,.... i call it a waste of time

And to be honest most of those here come out of anger... frustration,.. obssesion and so on ... its obvious by what they write.

Anyway, Dont worry i wont leave what i am part of... but i will leave what i am not a part of. You got me thinking...as a matter a fact i will do that now .. just log out, leave and no return.

Have a nice day

• defender of truth
  • integ
    integ

E-meth is full of crap. Nobody can read coc and do all that research and come to the conclusion that the watchtower society is the "truth". He's full of it. If he really did do all that research and STILL believed in the witnesses? He/she is a full blown nut case and beyond help.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ EMETH - As I am a Witness in good standing in my cong, let me ask you one question before you go: If we have God's spirit-directed Faithful & Discreet Slave in Brooklyn, then why did God wait over 100 years to reveal that the 'Evil Slave' was hypothetical - to one of apostate Christendom's scholars - which he then published in the NET BIBLE online, and only then did our FDS plagiarise this "new light"?

A bit of a second-hand "truth", is it not?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

emeth - "ex-jw's that just fade away and build up a life without anti-witness activism are not 'despised' by me."

Thing is, simply posting here is - arguably - a form of activism.

Laika - "Emeth's definition of apostate is different to the Watchtower's own definition of apostate. Which according to the Watchtower Society makes Emeth an apostate. There is a beautiful irony in there somewhere."

I remember the first time I realized that I'd been an "apostate" for years before I even considered fading, simply by virtue of thinking privately that the GB was wrong about some things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "I think Emeth is playing with us."

Well, if he's trying to do the Stephen Colbert thing, he's gonna need to work on it a bit more.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Does anybody remember the picture (artist illustration) in the Watchower in the late 80’s of the lady who received some kind of apostate material in the mail? If I remember correctly, she had that classic JW housewife look – like June Cleaver. She had the piece of mail extended at arm’s length and she was turning her head away from it and kind of holding her nose up in the air as if she were holding three-day-old road kill. She was holding the mail over the trash can about to drop it in?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

E-meth will be back, under another name probably, his sort of egotistical Apologist cannot resist a place like this for long.

I can never fully understand the motivation, but I am convinced he/she is not a fully "believing" JW, and is in effect a Troll here.

As I said above, I do not understand the fearfulness of present day JW's either, are their Jehovah and his Holy Spirit really so very weak ? What they call "The Truth", is it so weak that at the first sign of an opposing view they must run away with their fingers in their ears going "LaLaLaLa" ?

The answer to both questions appears to be yes, they are rather pathetic in comparison to nearly all other faiths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit