Why are JWs so afraid of apostates?

by Magnum 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• emeth
    emeth

Magnum in my opinion apostates are ex-jw's that actively turn against their former faith. ex-jw's that just fade away and build up a life without anti-witness activism are not 'despised' by me.

• Laika
    Laika

ex-jw's that just fade away and build up a life without anti-witness activism are not 'despised' by me.

Matthew 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

• Laika
    Laika

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blog/apostate.php

Emeth's definition of apostate is different to the Watchtower's own definition of apostate. Which according to the Watchtower Society makes Emeth an apostate. There is a beautiful irony in there somewhere.

• Magnum
    Magnum

emeth -

How do you define "turn against their former faith"? Do you define it as not believing every word in the Watchtower, not accepting every change in policy or doctrine? Actually, it's the faith that 'turns against' anyone who dares use his brain cells and really seek truth and understanding using reason and logic.

I'm not turning against my former faith; that's not my intent or goal. My goal is to seek fact and truth and expose anything that is not such and not be punished and opposed by an inquisition committee for so doing. As a JW, one is not allowed to do any real seeking, searching, and questioning. He can't do what Proverbs chapter 2 says to do - to seek for hidden treasure. He can be a good little JW only if he sits quietly and nods in agreement at every word in the Watchtower even though many of the articles are written by so-called other sheep who might have fewer qualifications than he does and no connecitons with any deity whatsoever and are subject to change.

I found myself to be bored to death and spiritually starving as a JW. I did do personal research and I questioned but I had to do it in secret - in hiding so I wouldn't be 'actively turned against' by the org. I swear I know an elder who was warned because he was reading and looking up stuff in older Watchtower magazines. He confided that in me. He told me "but it's our history!"

You just don't get it. You can check in as a JW, but you can't amicably check out. Even you in your last post admitted (perhaps inadvertently) that one has to "fade". He can't just be honest and leave and explain why even if he has no intent to actively oppose. If he has family in, he will be punished. He will be viewed as being weak when he might be far stronger spiritually and otherwise than anyone in his congregation.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

THEY DON'T APOSTATES THAT MUCH BECAUSE THEY SURE AS HELL WON'T F**KIN' LEAVE ME ALONE.

Just saying...

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

THEY DON'T APOSTATES THAT MUCH BECAUSE THEY SURE AS HELL WON'T F**KIN' LEAVE ME ALONE.

Just saying...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's also a element of expressive loyalty to the organization of which they belong to.

JWs are people who have been deeply indoctrinated (brainwashed) to be subjectively loyal to (God's Organization)

for it is the only spiritual truth obtainable for mankind.

That factor placed into people's subconscious plays a major role in how they treat outside opposition to the

WTS. own bible teachings. They're held and respected as special secretive teachings that no other religion professes.

.....and yes fear certainly has relevance to the issue to why JWS fear apostates, which has been intensionally

placed there by the WTS to protect their own built up position of power and control.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember being told that various people had left "the truth" and were teaching apostate things. #1 false teaching, that everyone was anointed not just 144,000 and they had started their own religion. All hearsay, never from anyone who had received a phone call, letter, or publication in the mail from these people. Ray Franz was accused of starting his own religion totally opposite his beliefs.

jws love to gossip even telling lies about jws in good standing; and now they have permission to tell lies about apostates.

• twice shy
    twice shy

They have fear that the real truh will come out and deplete their piggybanks

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Magnum in my opinion apostates are ex-jw's that actively turn against their former faith.....Emeth

JW`s actively try to turn nonJW`s against their faith..

hyp·o·crite

noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. 2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit