Why are JWs so afraid of apostates?

by Magnum 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

emeth-

JWs despise any from among their ranks who question and/or oppose their teachings and way of doing things even when they themselves are allowed to oppose such whenever they feel like changing? JWs can oppose and expose everybody else, but they can't be opposed and challenged?

There is no absolute truth with JWs. It's just whatever they choose to guess at today is the truth. What if I had opposed the generation teaching in 1994 and said that it was two different groups of anointed whose lives would overlap? I would have been disfellowshipped for apostasy. I would have been disfellowshipped for teaching something that is now "truth" for JWs. JWs are right just because they say so. Anybody who once believed but starts to question or disagree is an evil 'despised' apostate. So who was the apostate who first doubted the pre-1995 generation teaching? It had to start with somebody. Who was the first to suggest the teaching was wrong? Is he disfellowshipped?

So JWs have the right to "despise" those from among them who question and/or disagree with current teachings, yet they claim that apostates are the evil ones who do the despising. Do you "despise" the one who first challenged the pre-1995 generation teaching?

I was a sincere JW. I gave the prime of my life in extreme sacrifice and really thought I was doing right. The whole time I had unanswered questions and some things didn't seem right. I was told to wait on Jehovah. I did. But the more I waited, the more my questions grew and the more things didn't seem right. You despise me because I seek truth? You love the mindless, clueless, ignorant, self-righteous, deluded, smug, JW drones who never question and reason and use their minds? You love them, but you despise me? I believe you are the one who has apostatized.

And it does have to do with fear. JWs are scared shitless of any who have knowledge. They are terrified of calling on householders who have knowledge of the Bible, knowledge of JW history, etc. They run with their tails tucked between their legs. The JW higher-ups are scared. Why do you think they won't appear on TV & radio shows? Why won't they have public debates like the old-timers would? They're scared; they know they wouldn't stand a chance.

• Laika
    Laika

JWs are both extremely confident they have the truth and yet are literally terrified of opposing views. It's a very strange phenomenon.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Laika:

JWs are both extremely confident they have the truth and yet are literally terrified of opposing views. It's a very strange phenomenon.

I knew both of those points but never really put them together like that. Wow! That is strange.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Emeth;...I think it has a lot to do with fear, ì see it in my sisters eyes when I mention anything she can't respond to.

She now uses the internet, but previously would turn her face away if I tried to show her something to back up a point I was making.

I know she believed it was satans work. Now she uses the internet after realising my brother ( an elder ) was using it

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Visitors put up with icons and crosses. I see them everyday so I did not realize they were out- but the sight of four Bible translations in my bookcase had them running with fear, not despise, on their faces. Maybe I said something at the moment but I don't recall saying anything inflammatory. They believe that if you have a comment that is not wonderful, you must be a top apostate. It is pitiful.

Nazis are good guys to them. Spousal abuse is fine. They share many views of the Taliban. My mom would always remark about their fears. Demons is a good example. A black friend was taught that demons exist in the South. She was never taught to fear them as I was. All a Christian need do is rebuke any demon in Jesus' name. The battle has already been won. JWs make demons, Satan equal to God. They get more attention than Jesus.

I also feel they are conscious that they know not anything. Running away is a good way to not be challenged.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

it has nothing to do with fear... more with despise.....emeth

........... ....

..................................................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• emeth
    emeth

@galaxie overhere all witnesses use the internet since the 90's

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I had a dubbie kick me off her email list, because I wondered if the organization may be having issues with cash. There was no thought of well let's have a look at the facts and see if it is true. It was just apostate and that's it. She is a beautiful person but it's the system that I blame.

• blondie
    blondie

The definition of an "apostate" is contradictory in WT publications and brings in issues that are not substantiated by examples in things people say and write.

*** w09 4/15 p. 6 par. 15 Job Held High the Name of Jehovah ***

Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity.

(I have never as a jw heard anyone oppose God's name...btw a bad tactic to start out with educating jws)(any examples provided below?)(Paul discussed specifics in what he considered false teachings, 1) the resurrection had already occurred 2) some Christians were already ruling as kings on earth... (phony documents..such as articles in context in WT publications?) Is there any mention in the NT that Hymenaeus or Philetus were "df'd"?

*** w11 7/15 pp. 15-16 par. 5 Will You Heed Jehovah’s Clear Warnings? ***

How do false teachers operate? Their methods reveal a cunning spirit. Apostates “quietly bring in” corruptive ideas. Like smugglers, they operate in a clandestine manner, subtly introducing apostate views. And just as a clever forger tries to pass phony documents, so apostates use “counterfeit words,” or false arguments, trying to pass their fabricated views as if they were true. They spread “deceptive teachings,” “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas.

(2 Timothy 2:15-18) 15 Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright. 16 But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, 17 and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·nae ′ us and Phi·le ′ tus are of that number. 18 These very [men] have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.

Even the WTS can only give an EVIDENTLY statement. Twisting the scriptures......

• galaxie
    galaxie

Emeth;...I wouldn't disagree with you, but I know the WT publications discouraged it, making a lot of JWs fearful of it. Looks like a lot took some time to accept it's usage.

Why would the society discourage and then encourage in such a short period of time?

Very confusing for the bros and sisters don't you think?

Now with promotion of JW.ORG it is ok?

Why put your faith in such childish silliness?

Best wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit