Why are JWs so afraid of apostates?

by Magnum 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Magnum in my opinion apostates are ex-jw's that actively turn against their former faith. ex-jw's that just fade away and build up a life without anti-witness activism are not 'despised' by me."

That's loaded language BS, Emeth. The problem is that the WT Leaders say "apostates" are ones who disagree with THEM, not the Bible. I have zero doubt that I would have been df'd 2 years ago if I had told the "truth", namely:

1) There is no FDS "class" per WT doctrine

2) There is no possible way the anyone has been appointed over Christ's "belongings." [ Can you imagine the audacity of saying that?!?!]

3) All Christians are "domestics."

So, I no longer had faith in any of the above points. According to your "reasoning", to be "despised", I just needed to openly express my views. If I remained silent and faded " without anti-witness activism" [ LOL!!! whatever that could possibly be!] you would not despise me. What an incredibly convenient reality you have made for yourself! As long as I STFU, I have your approval. If I speak an actual "truth" that does not harmonize with current JW dogma, then I am despised. Wow! What an great world view!

Before you discount any of the above, remember, many were df'd becuase they said that no one had been appointed over Christ's belongings yet. These ones were accused of apostasy, convicted and DF'd. They were deceiving themselves. LOL!! The real problem was that the human leaders of the WTBTS hierarchy were shelving that nu-light for later. The OD book taught that the #1 reason to trust the SLAVE [human leaders] was because they HAD been appointed over Christ's belongings! There was no way the GB were letting that "cherished error" be exposed before the due time!

Also I apologize for saying that you are an idiot. That implies that you lack mental intelligence. You are obviously intelligent, but you are ignorant. That ignorance, whether willful or not, has made you bigoted.

DD

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

It amazes me to think that the human mind can hear words in a certain order, from an apostate, and those words can unlock the minds to allow the person to free themselves from a mental prison. It's not like the person is learning new words for the first time, they are hearing the same words they are already familiar with, just in a new order being said. It can free the mind just as a key can unlock a lock, if it's not rusted shut.

It's reading words and hearing talks and conversations that got us into the jw cult possibly it takes the same words, conversations to get us back out.

NJY

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

JWs are afraid of apostates because they have been conditioned to be so.

Even after I left the religion I was afraid of becoming one of the "bitter apostates" that was talked about in the Watchtower. I did not try to connect with other X JWs or go to any discussion boards. It was only after several years that I found this board and got my eyes opened to what the Watchtower was really afraid of, that their members would discover they have systematically been lied to and deceived. Truth stands up to scrutiny, lies do not.

I only wish I had the magical powers that the Watchtower says I do as an apostate, but I do have something almost as good, the truth about the truth.

• emeth
    emeth

@DuvanMuvan i have no problem with people that dont believe in God. Even if i heard that he/she was a former JW i would not have a problem. As a matter a fact i know many people that were brought up in a JW household but who did not became one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

As soon as former JW's turn into anti-jw activists i would not mingle with them in real life. Why should i do that with people who have started to hate and despise the thing that i love?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Emeth i dont hate and despise the witnesses. Would you mingle with me?

• Island Man
    Island Man

The organization has used anti-apostate propaganda to give JWs a phobia for apostates so that JWs will not get the inconvenient truths about the organization from apostates. It's classic case of Watchtower using BITE. They're using emotional control (fear of apostates) to effect behavior control (not listening to apostates) to effect informational control (prevent JWs from getting damaging information about the organization).

Deception requires ignorance on the part of the decieved. The more differing sources of information that a person has on a matter the less likely he is to be decieved. When one listens to only one source on a matter - especially if the information provided by that source is favorable to the source (conflict of interest) the more likely he is to be deceived by that source. Can you imagine a court where the judge instructs the jury to listen only to the defence and to cover their eyes and ears so as not to see or hear anything the prosecution has to say? Well that's the idiotic position of the Watchtower when it tells members not to see information from critical sources and apostates. They behave just like authoritarian regimes that censor critical news reports from getting into their police state.

Emeth: As soon as former JW's turn into anti-jw activists i would not mingle with them in real life. Why should i do that with people who have started to hate and despise the thing that i love?

Emeth, what if I told you that I hate your favorite food? Would you refuse to mingle with me because of that? Will you shun me because of that? That would be foolish, wouldn't it? But if you did do it to me, guess what? I'll be thinking to myself: "What! You're not speaking to me just because I don't like your favorite food?! I can't believe this! Emeth, you're a total douche bag!" I might be so upset and indignant about your childish action that I would tell others about it. "That Emeth is a real moron! Can you believe the guy is shunning me just because I told him I don't like his favorite food? Unbelieveable!"

So you see, Emeth, ironically one of the reasons why JWism is so hated is because you shun ex-JWs simply because they no longer believe your religion. If you would allow people the dignity to leave without shunning them and disparaging their character then ex-JWs would have less reason to speak out against you. It is the Watchtower's childish and vindictive policies that inspire ex-members to become activists against them. You (JWs, the Watchtower) are the root of the problem. You are your own worst enemies and seemingly too blind to see it. Or do you see vocal ex-members of normal non-vindictive religions protesting against them? No. It's only the ex-members of authoritarian and vindictive cults that do that. You reap what you sow.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As soon as former JW's turn into anti-jw activists i would not mingle with them in real life.

Why should i do that with people who have started to hate and despise the thing that i love?.....emeth

..............................http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/images/protest1.jpg

...........................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• emeth
    emeth

@Island man of course i would not mingle with those who hate my favorite spiritual food... thats obvious. When it comes to faith and worship its a matter of life and death, in my opinion.

i would not want to have anything to do with those who hate life and propagate death. And i dont care what you think about it. Shunning apostates is a biblical teaching its in that book for a reason.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Emeth: Shunning apostates is a biblical teaching its in that book for a reason.

Can you show me where the bible it says to shun a christian who does not believe teachings you hold which aren't found in scripture and which the christian can disprove with scripture? Can you show me that?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

EMETH is the very definition of a hypocrite. He despises "apostates", yet he visits their blogs and debates with them despite the GB's orders. He is delusional to a superlative degree. Go away, Emeth. How dare you judge another human as hating life and propagating death. There is no excuse for your ignorance, or for your disobedience to the Organization of the God you claim to serve.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit