Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When does the GB plan on sharing their tax returns with the rest of "the brotherhood"?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Quarterback, I think Juan V's post got confuddled a bit. The part that may have sounded far fetched was actually referring to Congregation accounts and access.

• metatron
    metatron

If Juan's source is true, this zeros in on the VERY PROBLEM I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR YEARS !

What problem is that? Publishers are becoming WORTHLESS to the Watchtower Society. They are depressed, unproductive, sick and broke. Their free labor in dispensing books and magazines has become a liability in many areas. The Watchtower might as well print their crap and just truck it to the landfill.

So, are they getting ready to screw the friends over and squeeze out the last few dollars of these hungry and bleeding sheep?

It sure looks that way when you consider how badly they've treated their immediate lackeys. I mean, it's fairly easy to mistreat some suckers out in distant congregations but laying off DO's and long term Bethelites gets a bit personal, doesn't it? If you screw over these guys, how difficult can it be to ream publishers out in the South Nowhere Congregation?

In summary, it looks to me like some of you who have predicted a trimming down of the Organization (lose the losers, keep the suckers with open wallets) in terms of publisher numbers could turn out to be right.

metatron

• blondie
    blondie

So getting the money at the congregation level, but how do you get individual jws who contribute anonymously to give more. There is no accounting, no one knows if they gave or not let alone how much unless they do it by check. My husband did accounts his whole career in the WTS and he said that jws were stingy givers and only gave if they got some consideration back from the BOE or the WTS. (with a few exceptions...but they were assuring their everlasting life). So saying that jws will willing let the BOE examine their tax returns....I feel there would have to be more pressure to bear over a much longer time to manipulate them to allow that.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Juan, you have a PM

Metatron, you have a PM

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

That seems a bit odd. I cannot imagine individuals allowing an elder to review their tax return. Nor would I expect an elder to know what to look for.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

This is all GOOD NEWS. If money was not an issue for the Society, then this would not be happening. This reveals that there is a great need for ongoing funds that is not being met by current methods.

When JWs are demoralized and discouraged, most just hang on and quietly go on. But where does discouragment really show? $$ You simply cannot be an enthusiastic giver when you are not enthused. Hitting up the congregations for more $$ will not last. This is not going to fly.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. - The Watchtower, November 2013, p. 20, para. 17

• metatron
    metatron

Keep in mind that there are actual limits on what even Witlesses will put up with. The attempted ban on oral sex nearly created a disaster, years ago.

Trying to review tax returns seems a fantasy.

metatron

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Metatron I agree. The latest crop of elders currently in their late 20s through early 40s would not allow this to happen.

Imagine the problems that would occur when cobe informs his wife that br secretary only makes 28k...

It would spread like wildfire and people would leave in droves. I hope this insanity does take place but I dont think so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit