Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

This isn't new for some parts. they tested this method out back in sSeptember 2013 for LA county and other surrounding ones. Just in LA county, there are 72 needed kingdom halls. in the letter, they said that if this method worked, it would be spread onto other places so it was only a matter of time. Theres so much money needed to buy the lands and needed material. This means millions $$$. Somehow, they're soon to earn $375 million alone on selling property in Brooklyn, plus other buildings they haven't sold yet, plus the other Bethel real estates and properties in other countries they sold off and yet, can't have enough funds for the usual arrangements? They must be in some sort of financial crisis or getting prepared for a future one.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

JW GoneBad, thank you for providing that form. If that is used now, it is not new. I remember this from the late 80s when we decided to build an assembly hall.

• pontoon
    pontoon

I believe much of the money is for headquaters---Patterson, Wallkill, Warwick. Everything in those facilities is expensive, top shelf, the best, new, cutting edge, and any other adjectives you can think to describe them. Construction and remodeling NEVER stops. Any room or area 10 years old is eligilble for remodel. The money is not earned so it is not valued. The men who control the purse strings have inflated egos with their positions and it's spending money that inflates those egos not saving it and using it wisely. They could build many many KHs for what their new recreation building in Warwick costs, but building new KHs is the least of their concerns. Some years ago a missionary that use to be one of our elders returned from his assignment in Africa some place (to get some needed medical issues fixed) and told us their new KH was at a standstill for lack of $300. Society would not front 300 bucks for them. I also knew personally a brother who controlled who got contracts for work at Wallkill and he had no problem accepting "gifts" from potential contractors or contractors that won the work. It seems though their extravagence is now beginning to go to new extremes.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The organization at first prided itself as The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society......

Then it went to Watchtower Real Estate Investments.....

Now it's something along the lines of: Watchtower Money Manager, or....

Watchtower Savings And Loan or....

Watchtower Investment Banking.

Whatever Watchtower is doing now, its specialty definitely is not in putting out hardbound Bibles! It would seem that it specializes now in making moolah off of the sheepfold!

Who's the Harlot now???

• emeth
    emeth

@baltar447 you said ; "Why do they need all this money??? For what??? It ain't building KH's we know they are lying about needing to build so many."

As a matter a fact we do need those Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls. In Europe we start in 7 countries with big and new assemblyhalls for crowds of 2000-3500 people.

A multimillion dollar project for a new assembly hall is already started in the Netherlands. 6 other european countries will follow. Furthermore we do need those 13,000 kingdom halls.

Besides that, in many parts of the world the witnesses are still meeting in private houses or in sheds instead of kingdom halls.

In the philippines alone they made 1000 Kingdom Halls in just one decade and they are still building more there.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/1000-kingdom-halls-philippines/

And that is just one country.

Furthermore this arrangement will replace the contribution box for the worldwide kingdom hall fund. The contribution box will be taken away. I think its a very smart move that will enable us to do much more in the coming years.

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL emeth. So it's ok to extort money out of congregations? And take away all their extra money? And it's all ok because it's "VOLUNTARY"!

• pontoon
    pontoon

Don't anybody make it sound like the borg is building K and A halls with their money. The money is from the brothers in that build area. If it came from the borg it has to be paid back. If the new cong doesn't have the means to pay back it may become a circuit issue. If that doesn't work they don't get the money.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

More breaking news...

My very, very, very secret contact emailed me right after he saw Cedars' article on JWSurvey.org and the news post on JWReport.com about the new BOE letter. Here is what he wrote:

"Remember what I told you in our last contact? Let me repeat: ' Many of the changes will only apply to North America at first, but will likely be adapted for foreign branches in 2015 and 2016. I can assure you that there will be a lot of pissed off brothers who have dedicated their lives to serving the Watchtower. I say they'll get what they deserve for being so gullible.' and ' You know from your own experience that a lot of changes can be made right under the average JW nose and they will never take notice or give a damn. My contacts have implied that the real changes will start taking place after the next annual meeting. I would love to get tickets to that show on the 100th anniversary of 1914. This "centennial year" should be very interesting to watch and analyze.' "

"One of my contacts had mentioned that there would be major changes in how contributions would be collected. He wasn't sure exactly how it all would play out, but he told me that there would be (his exact words) 'a lot of pissed off brothers and elders. I wouldn't call it a "tithe" but a dog of any breed is still a dog. The first step will be declared monthly minimum amounts that each family head and single brother can contribute. At first they will be lenient, but if that minimum is not met at least 10 months out of 12, then the brother might be classified as 'spiritually weak' (unless there are mitigating circumstances). Sisters will not be held to account. Elders and MS could lose their appointments if they (1) don't commit enough, and -or (2) don't meet their commitments without some serious emergency."

"What is really going to upset local boards of elders is the fact that they will eventually lose all control of their own bank accounts. They will have to send copies of their bank statements to a special WT department set up for this - or add that department to the bank's report distribution list. Not only that, but they will have to share all account numbers and online passwords with WT HQ. That will allow the WT to go in around the elders and manipulate funds as they see fit. Someday an elder will go in to make a withdrawal and find out that only the bank's minimum is on deposit. Not sure when all of this will take place - and corp may back off it the local elders start making an issue of it, but it is definitely in the works."

"I would not want to be an elder right now. They are not only held to a higher standard in so many ways, now the financial hammer will be coming down on them. Not only that, but the Legal Department will likely let them swing in the wind for local pedophile issues, whether they report cases to the police or not. You might want to get the word out, especially to MSers and elders with large families and low incomes to get out now. The honor and power of being an elder won't be worth the pain and additional stress they will have to deal with."

My contact promised more. He said that he had not seen the recent BOE letter quoted by Cedars, but had heard that something along those lines would be coming out - but he figured that it would be held back until after the Memorial. In a way, it was, as the effective date does not begin until May.

I'm sure some of the active elders that visit JWN will have a lot to say about this. I look forward to their own personal feelings and experiences.

JV

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That sounds so false, Juan.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Juan Viejo2 and the following bears repeating:

'I'm sure some of the active elders that visit JWN will have a lot to say about this. I look forward to their own personal feelings and experiences.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit