Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The WT is attempting to once again have a predictable, reliable cash flow like they used to from the printed material.

So:

No more loans to pay off, but also no congregation can go without a "contribution" to WT.

So, if a cong. had a loan, poof, loan paid off, but not really, keep sending money to the WT.

Worse, if you have no loan but have been saving up, SEND ALL YOUR CONGREGATION SAVINGS TO THE WT, and also, um, start sending your 'monthly' contribution.

Corporate behavior.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Congregations who already have a loan from the society will no longer have to pay back the loan but the amount pledged should not be less than the current monthly repayments to the society"

Another way of saying, your loan is NEVER paid off.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Designs and Scully

That's not tithing, that's legalized extortion

because it's under the guise of a religion

• wasblind
    wasblind

If Al Capone hada been smart enough

he coulda extorted shop keepers in the name of the Lord

legally

Tax free

• Giordano
    Giordano

So the kingdom Hall is being turned into a franchise...... you pay a certain amount forever to the company that produces the product.

• Splash
    Splash

*** w59 5/1 p. 285 Sharing the Good News by Contributing Personally ***
    BACK in August, 1879, this magazine said: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

*** w62 5/1 p. 277 How May I Contribute? ***
    But because the Watch Tower Society is a charitable organization and because it does not follow the methods of Christendom’s religions, taking up money collections or tithes, there is a good deal of wonderment as to how the Society gets its money and supports itself.

*** w13 7/1 p. 4 Can You Trust Religion Regarding Money? ***
    Jehovah’s Witnesses commonly meet in modest buildings called Kingdom Halls. How are expenses covered? They never pass collection plates, nor do they send out envelopes to solicit donations. Rather, any who appreciate the spiritual program can discreetly place a donation in a contribution box at the Kingdom Hall.

(2 Timothy 3:1, 2)
    But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money...

• twice shy
    twice shy

Maybe they'll start to disban congregations and sell off the kingdom halls if they aren't getting the surplus needed.

BTW can anyone please tell me how to start a new post? If I click on that RSS thingy it says an error occured

**aren't

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I can remember something similar when an assembly hall was built in our area. We asked individuals how much they would contribute and how much the could contribute each month. We passed out small surveys at the SM, collected the results and sent it to the assembly hall building committee. This was back in the late 1980s. So what you describe is nothing new.

• Splash
    Splash

BTW can anyone please tell me how to start a new post? If I click on that RSS thingy it says an error occured

click here http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/

then select a forum and choose "new topic"

• nugget
    nugget

Not long ago they were asking for donations of time and money for the new building projects I bet they didn't get the money they were hoping for as some congregations had local projects they needed the money for. This is a way of getting even more out of the rank and file since people will feel pressured. So alongside the donations for worldwide work, the local contribution box, CO expenses, bills and maintenance there will be building fund donations.

I wonder how many local needs talks there will be about the need to maintain payments and keep up with the pledged amount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit