Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bella15
    Bella15

Can't believe how they have dared to criticize other denominations over money collections, etc. I attend 2 different big churches here in Houston and trust me their giving is not as structured as JWs want to do it, and unlike JWs we have charitable ministries around the world, bringing free medical aid to less fortunate nations, water wells, housing, school supplies, community centers to impact whole communities with self sustain projects and help people get out of poverty, gosh the work in India is awesome trying to help the Dalits (untouchables) lowest cast. This WT Corporation are really voracious wolves. It is all about buildings=real estate.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

What major WTBTS change(s) do you predict for 2014?: ABibleStudent - My premise is that the WTBTS is a business, a dangerous cult, and that its printing operations are losing money. I feel that the WTBTS will either start to require that JWs tithe at least $2/wk/publisher in G20 countries (~ $400 million/yr of income), and/or only print the simplified edition Watchtowers/Awake! propaganda.

It seems that the WTBTS will be implementing mandatory tithing in 2014. One prediction may be complete. One to go for 2014.

Considering that the WTBTS has promoted over the last 80 years that JWs not have children, JWs not get married, discouraged JWs from obtaining a college education to qualify for a better paying career, and/or promoting that JWs purchase internet devices for FS, publisher numbers should be peaking by 2016 and falling rapidly there after unless the WTBTS changes qualification criteria for publishers or reduces its burden on JWs. According to the Pew Report (http://religions.pewforum.org/reports/), “ Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses." I doubt that the WTBTS will be successful recruiting more non-JWs with reputable websites like www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.jwsurvey.org, and www.freeminds2.org.

Therefore, I wonder if the WTBTS is purposely trying to cull the flock, so that it can free up a lot of real estate assets and retain a smaller and more "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JWs to serve the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,it has been discussed on here before,haven't they already suggested congregations send them their savings,instead of,keeping it in the bank.

When the letter was read,it made me sick. I felt that everyone,at that meeting, felt the same way. But,they seem to go along with everything.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

We haven't seen anything yet, eh? Juan.

I remember the day when the society switched over to the voluntary donation arrangement, and the cong's just stopped asking for a donation from the public. Nothing gets mentioned about that anymore.

I remember that some just became inactive as a way to protest that arrangement.

The changes that your buddy is suggesting is enough to cause an earthquake. If such happens, I can see it gets reversed so quickly, with a bonus added such as, ok you can now acquire higher learning.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

They are liquidating their assests and burdening poor

people who make up the majority of witnesess.

They allow a congreagation to pay off a property, then

sell it ot from under them, keep the money, and move

them all into another congregation, and then rinse and repeat.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I haven't donated a cent in over a year. I do believe the GB doesn't mind trimming out people like me, even though I'm technically a representative of them. Many feel the same way. My friends believe that upcoming changes will cause many to leave, but the GB will spin it as a sifting and refining work shaking out the unfaithful. then they can scale back on the preaching work by announcing that the door to salvation has closed. They can follow that up by preaching a judgement message, focusing less on making converts And scaling back literature. A small radicalized group is better than a large apathetic disobedient group who won't even attend their assigned convention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It more than sounds like communism. It IS communism.

This is no better than saying that I need to donate toward the Worldwide Damnation Fund everything I make, and then get reimbursed for necessary items. What is "necessary"? Suppose my rent is around 700 toilet papers. Are they going to say that I should move so I can pay 300? Or, get a roommate that I probably don't get along with because that thing is insistent that I always do ever more? My electricity bills average in the 50s and 60s in winter (this year, they were more because electricity prices went up). Suppose I wish to go ahead and replace my squiggly things with LED lights that use less electricity and are safer? They are probably going to spec me to get the cheapest crap they think I need.

Or, what about my health? Remember, they are placing health second to that communist government. This means that my vitamin supplements, which cost me around 600 toilet papers a year, will not be reimbursed by this fund. In turn, I could be setting myself up for drug regimens that cost much more--are they going to reimburse me for that? I have a nice fluoride filter for my water--are they going to simply deem that unnecessary? What about those LED light bulbs? Yes, they cost more than a squiggly thing. The CREE bulbs now at Home Depot are now under 7 toilet papers a bulb (60 watt equivalent 800 lumens, warm white) or 20 (for a 100 watt 1600 lumen, warm white). Is the washtowel going to let me have those instead of those headache inducing cancer bulbs that emit mercury if you break one and create a major hazard if you get cut on the glass? Probably not, and I will have to trust in joke-hova that it doesn't burn down the house when it fails.

I also like nice things, if I am going to have to do things regularly. But, would the washtowel reimburse me for them? If I am going to have to do anything for them, wouldn't it be better to use nice things? For instance, there are irons that work faster and better (and are nicer) than the cheap crap General Electric models found at crap mart. A cheap crap tabletop ironing board will work, but it is slower and more tedious than using a full size board (a good quality one, at that). You want a sturdy umbrella? The Blunt umbrellas resist blowing inside out or tearing, but they are very expensive. Or, would the washtowel rather you get a drab gray one for 4 toilet papers that is going to be ruined by a light puff of wind? Cheap crap dress shirts are difficult to take care of or are easy to ruin (or both), require ironing all the time, and discolor with age. Expensive ones resist this, but cost double upfront. Will they take care of that?

I don't have any intention of taking care of any of the washtowel pledges. If I have funds for the Worldwide Damnation Fund, I have funds to invest in silver or gold, or upgrade things so I have nicer things to work with. I will not waste my funds--and I hope the congregations are not able to keep up with the pledges. And I hope those who are stupid enough to continue funding this damnation working are the ones that are most hurt when hyperinflation comes along, when the energy crisis gets going, and the rolling blackouts from the coal plants being shut down start.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

That form is the exact one I filled out over 10 years ago.

It was to pay for our brand new kingdom hall because we had previously been sharing with another congregation a few miles up the road.

We were also encouraged to make these monthly donations by direct debit.

• sir82
    sir82

Fascinating stuff.

You will have a$$-kissing sycophant elders commit their congregations to donations they can't or won't support. Next, the elder body will get stuck begging the congregation to contribute! Month after month after month!

This is EXACTLY what will happen. I've seen it countless times. Publishers will follow through on their commitments for 4 or 6 months, then Suzy needs braces, the car needs a rebuilt engine, the house's roof has to be replaced.....

Assuming Juan's "insider info" about reviewing tax returns is true, it makes me wonder if this "fixed donation" arrangement was set up solely and explicitly as a mere first step to justify such intrusion.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

They are just following the counsel and divine direction found in their new Bible. (Silver Sword Edition)

"Bread is made for laughter, and wine makes life enjoyable; but money answers every need." (Ecclesiastes 10:19)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit