Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Our congregation just made an announcement last night during the Service Meeting to tell the congregation how disappointed the elders are that many in the congregation hadn't turned in their pledge sheet of paper with the amount they intend to give monthly.

That's when it really hit me.....'Is This New Donation Arrangement For Real?'

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

how disappointed the elders are that many in the congregation hadn't turned in their pledge sheet of paper with the amount they intend to give monthly.

Not surprising.

Most JWs expect others to carry the burder as they see themselves as less fortunate. Everyone else is in a better position to contribute. Of course, when everyone thinks that way, then no one contributes.

Most people are NOT going to pay a "bill" (mortgage) that doesn't exist.

Most JWs think the WTS had a dandy idea to pay off all of the Kingdom Hall mortgages by selling all of that expensive real estate in Brooklyn. Yep, they are preparing for the hard times ahead in the Great Tribulation! All the Kingdom Halls are no longer in debt. Praise Jah!

EVERYONE SING " WE THAAAANK YOU JEHOOOVAH, EEEEEACH DAY AAAAAND EEEEACH NIIIIGHT"

Doc

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

D of S... You are a funny guy. ^^^^^

Your last sentence is just a string of words, that unfortunately, we all know. I want to throw after I read your last sentence.

LoisLane , trying to recover after decades of WT, indoctrination.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think the problem is that everyone has already given so much in an attempt to please the organization, years of meetings, studying, door to door work, plus they missed and employment opportunities. Now they also want a commitment for a set amount of money, something the organization said they would never do. It's not surprising that people are not eager to give more, most don't have that much money because they are JWs, now "mother" even wants a want a bigger piece of that? Fuh-get-uh-bout-it

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

What's funny is that the elders think anyone cares that they are disappointed. You know what, I was disappointed a lot of the time in that stupid cult and the elders didn't give a crap.

JWs should write on that pledge, "Sorry, all tapped out!"

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit