Is this new donation arrangement for real?

by nugget 324 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

As long as the WTS functions under a non-profit corporation mode, they can never legally own the KH in the US per tax laws. It is administered by 3 elders from the congregation that holds the territory the KH is in. There are no shareholders or owners.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK the majority of Kingdom Halls are now owned by the WTS, they stole the deeds some years ago.

They are are held 'in trust' by a scam called the "Kingdom Hall Trust" and it can be checked on the Charity Commission website (No. 275946)

The local elders have very little say in what happens.

George

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Double post

• baltar447
    baltar447

Why do they need all this money??? For what??? It ain't building KH's we know they are lying about needing to build so many.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

If I was still an elder this would have woke me up. To request a back door form of a tithe and then have a 3 page "ps" to the letter that is not to be read to the cong? Hopefully more brothers see that this organization is only about money. They sure have come a long way in 20 years. The business is rolling up.

Lol this is nuts. last week it was "we are not covering your legal expenses if you get sued" and this week it is, "send us all of the cash you have in your account and ask the friends to pledge a monthly amount." And about that KH loan that you thought you had almost paid off....we lovingly refinanced the note with a new arrangement that can be paid back forever.

• nugget
    nugget

I felt so sad reading the post on JW survey the congregation will permanently be in debt to the society. Everyone pays. The rich congrgations give money to the society so they can build halls for poor congregations who are in debt to the society forever for the new hall. So for one hall the society is paid multiple rents.

Call it what it is exploitation and rent paid to a company that did not pay for the original hall, did not build it, did not maintain it or pay the bills on it.

I sincerely hope this does wake up some when they realise that it is all about the money.

• hoser
    hoser

I think this will ultimately backfire, just like communism failed.

• nugget
    nugget

I do hope so they are so greedy that it is offensive.

• metatron
    metatron

OMG! Fantastic! Wonderful! I couldn't be happier! Why?

Think about how this will likely play out: You will have a$$-kissing sycophant elders commit their congregations to donations they can't or won't support. Next, the elder body will get stuck begging the congregation to contribute! Month after month after month!

How do I know? Because I was on an elder body that did this sort of BS all the time. If the CO called for 10 new Bible Studies as a goal, they answered,"why not 30 new studies, Brother KGB?' - and then did nothing.

In time, Witnesses will tire of being nagged for money. This looks like a clever ploy by the Society to 'pass the plate', in effect while claiming that they are innocent. It can only help to create more dissatisfaction and disaffiliation. Great!

Bring it on!

metatron

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Snare and racket I loved the way you put it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit