What Watchtower Belief/View Never Sat Right With You?

by minimus 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, the cross vs. stake always bothered me too.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The whole " we are the only ones" crap.

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

Their views on holidays/birthdays

All the crap about 1914

The “this generation” teaching/changes

The fact that they call what they believe "the truth" when they do nothing but lie

That anyone not in "the truth" will die at Armageddon

Armageddon

The Faithful and Discreet Slave crap

Michael is Jesus

I could go on but I'll leave some for someone else...

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

Oh yeah the cross vs stake thing bothered me too.

• millie210
    millie210

The biggest thing that bothered me was the absolute power of the elders. You cant even appeal any decision they make except a disfellowshipping.

And that is just a formality most of the time.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Heavenly and Earthly hope no longer sits right with me.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The reason "wickedness continues to our day" is supposedly because Satan challenged God saying he could turn all mankind away from him so God needed to prove to his creation once and for all times that they couldn't manage without him. Then when things started taking shape, he brought the flood and wiped them all out, just to have it start all over again.

God isn't slow respecting his promises but wants all to attain righteousness. The longer he waits, the more people the JW's can save. Yet more and more people are being born every day that are obviously not paying any heed to JW's.

• donny
    donny

For me it was the 144,000 bit. I just could not make the number work. You had to believe that only 90,000 or so true Christians were chosen from 33 CE to 1935 CE? You just had to put that one on the back burner and go on to other things.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Creation caused problems. We were taught evolution at school. I trusted my teachers. Also, we went to Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History in New York. My father would never pay the fee. My bro and I would see all the other little kids going in. One day he treated us. It started with evolution. We had to leave.

So many science and history matters the WT differed from school, library, and museum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit