What Watchtower Belief/View Never Sat Right With You?

by minimus 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

The constant changes in the Faithful & Discreet Slave is very bothersome. Just make up your mind, will you?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

First, their hatred of women. Penis worshippers.

Second, Armageddon were a loving Jesus destroys infants, puppies, and kittens. Infants, puppies, and kittens are good things that reflect God's glory. Symphonies are beautiful. Humans are basically good. They hate the Catholic Church so intensely. Show me a DaVinci, Raphael, Michelangelo.

Third, demons.

• minimus
    minimus

The penis worshippers have lousy song books too! LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Mankind living in the last days dogma/doctrine, which was really a marketing strategy

used by the WTS. to attract attention to its literature.

A very long time lying about this.

Along with Christ taking position in heaven to rule over the earth in 1914.

When it clearly says in the bible that its not for man to know the time for this to happen.

Again something the WTS. deceivingly lying about to attract attention directly to its literature.

"The Truth" wasn't really the truth and a false (commercialized) religion was what the WTS. really has been all along from its very beginning.

But hey its s publishing house so what do you expect.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

Blood issue is a big one....also, being a gay man, I would have to remain celibate for the rest of my life to please god

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I found a number of things just plain silly; beard ban, oral sex, smurfs...

As I got older, though, it was the insistence that JWs were the only possible survivors of the impending apocalypse (impocalypse?) that bothered me the most.

The more I thought about it, the more fundamentally arbitrary and unfair it seemed, until one day, I simply made up my mind that I didn't believe it.

Not long after, I heard a comment from the platform to the effect that "not even all JWs would survive the Big A", and I thought to myself, "well, jesus, what the hell is the point of even staying, then???"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Counting time and placements® on a monthly report.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Watching the Wizard of Oz is bad b/c it has a "wizard" in it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I here you Punkie

That's how salvation is " Earned " in the world of a Jehovah's Witness

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is so much lying and deceiving corruption going on with this religious organization no

wonder people say its driven by Satan himself.

Of course the other thing that many people object to is the DFing of people who simply want

to leave the organization out their own reasons but the WTS. enforces even family members

are to shun these ones.

The ending result has actually accumulated toward some people to commit suicide.

If that isn't morally repugnant I don't know what is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit