What Watchtower Belief/View Never Sat Right With You?

by minimus 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I hate their interpretation of Jesus words about Matthew 25: 35 - 40

All about how we need to care for the weak, the hungry, the poor, those in need,

and they hijack it to apply to helping the "faithful and discreet slave" what a sickening

selfish, cold, mean spirited and Christ denying interpretation, of a scripture that was meant

to inspire us to change the world with our actions and to help others.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, the whole door to door thing is unnatural. Plus early Christians did no such thing.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Blood, everyone was bad and going to be destroyed except JWs, the subjugation of women and the stupid dress code. I have not worn or owned a dress or skirt for almost 30 years now!

• ateograciasadios
    ateograciasadios

yeah, be nice to Cleveland!

• Emma
    Emma

I always thought the teaching on blood was hypocritical. Transfusions were wrong but you could use blood in medications. No blood meant no blood! And having to believe that those nice, kind, generous folks you "preached" to were bad and deserved death.

• ateograciasadios
    ateograciasadios

I always asked my mom in what kind of world parents would keep bringing kids to life, if they were 100% they would have to go through Armaggedon in their lifetime...... does not it seem the most cruel thing you can inflict to your own children???

• Londo111
    Londo111

That Jehovah was going to eternally destroy seven billion non-JWs...and likely quite a few JWs too who weren't doing enough.

• BU2B
    BU2B

For me it was the teaching that married couples who died will not be together in the new world. I always thought about how heartbreaking it would be for them to wake up in a paradise, only to realize they were never going to be allowed to be with their beloved spouse ever again.. I always thought, what kind of paradise would that be? Would it be paradise at all?

Another one would be the teaching that we control our own destiny and have freewill but Jehovah also has the ability to see our future IF HE CHOOSES.. I always thought "does that not mean that there is still a set future anyways" If I choose not to tune into a certain radio station does that mean it isnt broadcasting the same thing whether I choose to listen to it or not? If I choose not to watch the news, does that mean world events are still not happening anyways? I never got a satisfactory answer to this and it always bothered me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

There isn't any one belief, but lots and, in fact, too many to list. But, some of their "beliefs" are subjective views of scriptures, others are cultural within the religion. All the posts above are on the mark. However, these are mine.

For one, I never believed that I was responsible for other people being saved. Truly ridiculous. Well, who was responsible for me being saved? This is nothing more than a guilt-trip to get people enslaved in a never-ending preach, preach mode. If you ask me, I think this promotes neurosis.

I also never believed the JWs fulfilled any bible prophecy. Even when I was studying, this never sat well with me but I kept my mouth shut.

The claim that they have no clergy class, when, in fact, they have a plain clothes clergy with titles. They also try to say the average rank and file JW is a "minister". Well...then it would appear that their religion has several tiers of "ministers". I don't accept any of them since I joined on the premise that they had "no clergy class".

I never believed anybody's divine claims and always felt people who claim to be anointed or whatever were looking for some special attention or "respect". They never got any from me. Sorry, but I never bought any of this. I also never believed the religion communicated with God in some way. Well, prove it.

I also wasn't there to placate overly-sensitive people.

I never believed in deliberately living on the edge in order to pioneer and imagining other people were there to give you handouts. I refused to quit my full-time job and am thankful I never followed their bad advice.

The JW religion talks out of both sides of their mouth on this issue and now the religion is filled with trouble in this bad economy with too many categories of "needy" people.

Last but not last, their views on women. None of those idiots there was my "head" and I made sure I kept them at a distance since they don't respect boundaries.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Too many to mention, (it's a wonder I stayed in so long !), but Londo's above was a biggie with me, I could see nothing in Scripture to support the WT claims as to the "guilt" of those condemned by them.

(For not listening as some unintelligent message that was mumbled at their door, and some crap magazines were refused, magazines that spouted stuff that totally changed every few years, I mean, WTF ?).

I could never accept that Ratherfraud and his Gang skulking in the trees at Cedar Point Ohio fulfilled some Bible prophecy , again WTF ? that is beyond silly buffoonery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit