This is my first post

by Make Lemonade 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

make lemonade:

I love your story about the "shunning" experience in the post office. How amusing that you did what you did and acted naturally while they squirmed like weasels. Good for you for being "in their faces" with your confidence. It does certainly show them that YOU have nothing to be ashamed of since you were the better person to have given testimony against the so-called glorious ones .

In the future, I would just have a pleasant expression on my face if and when I ran into JWs in stores, etc. and go about my business. Just in case it might be interpreted that you are chasing them (which I am sure you are not).

Also, I think you handled that situation well about the guy who wanted help from you. You certainly do have to worry about bringing somebody into your home in this day and age.

Too many people think (with good reason) that many JWs are stupid and/or easy marks and I always felt that the religion was setting everybody up to be victimized. I was a paranoid JW.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

I pushed the submit button before commenting. My wife says I cannot mult-task, LOL

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

LongHairGal

I have to check the pork chops soon. They are thicker I guess. I turned the stove up to 400 and set the timer for 15 miniutes. Anyway, its funny about the guy I did not allow to live with us. I was just on the phone with him. At his core he is a great person. Drugs turn him into someone else. We have had hours of convesation recently. I have lost sleep over his position. That night I wrote about has more details. When I told him to call the elders, I also tolded him to call me back it they would not respond. Since anticipated the elders would not help. I found a homeless shelter withing 10 miniutes walk from where he was. If he would have called me back I was prepared with a practicle solution for him. Motel Six was another alternative.

Just recently he tolded me that the elders did not offer help. He reached out to a "worldly friend" and found a place to stay. When the drug issue came up, he told me that since the night we talked he has not used at all. I believe him because he is back to his drug free self. Anyway he knows that he cannot choose to associate in any way with me if he is to have any chance to get back with his wife. He knows that I have some temporary work he could do, but will not accept it at the cost of loosing his wife.

Last thing I said to him was to call anytime if he wanted to join me in the "Dark Side". He undersood the joke and laughed. We talked for a good while and I think he will be alright. It is a relief to me. At the same time it just shows how lacking the Watchtower is when it comes to helping people who do have real problems. It could be health, mental, drug dependance, you name it. The elders and G.B. do not have the real experience to help the people who are in need of the more knowledgable professional types.

Also, the no co-dependant thing came up. Since a clear firm line was drawn with him about drugs he was able to stop using.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Those pork chops are stubborn. I have only gotten them to 165. So I have another 15 min.. Since I am D.F.ed I do not want to talk with witnesses without full disclosure of my standing. My thinking is not to force anyone into a decision that they did not really want. So smiling, being peaceful inside, has been enough for me when someone I know comes into view. One time at Home Depot a long time associate was approaching the area I was in. He was a union welder. Not a personality that is weak. We had brief eye contact. At first I thought maybe I should let him into the area by leaving. Then I just let this peaceful feeling take over and I said to myself, No, I have every right to enjoy myself and finish deciding to buy the tool I was looking at. When I looked up with this smile on my face, he was long gone. I mean like he disapeared into thin air. My smile became even bigger. Just have to be peaceful and happy. The agressors just go away.

• jgnat
    jgnat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Just for you. I think as life becomes more of your own, this fastidiousness on your part will go away. Let them cross the street to avoid your imaginary cooties.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to the forum...I love to make lemonade!

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

jgnat: as usual a great point. Humans have a lot of unspocken comunication. Think Gang colors, signs, tatoos, etc.. If you think about it witnesses have a lot of unspocken rules. What is submission, brazen, loyalty, etc.. Each trade union has their loyalty. On the construction site you pick that up right away. One time I brought my very small construction equipment to a witness project. Right away the jokes about the "size" of my "equipment" were being made. Well the way I was able to get the job done saved the project a costly delay. At the time the cost per day was $7,000. Most of the time you can handle lack of respect by just getting the job done. No words just actions.

What causes me the most distress is saying or doing something that will cost someone else a great deal. To accidentaly reveal a detail that allows the elders to D.F. someone else. It is a constant concern that I am still dealing with. I am going to say and do more about my experience. I am also sure that the elders know exactly who I am on here. That is no problem to me personally. In fact they should worry about what I plan to say. It is the others in the truth who want to leave, but are also trying to save their loved ones. Tough problem for all of us. Say to much and it causes pain. Say to little and it causes pain.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

whathappened: Thanks. I must have been posting while you commented.

missfit brought up: any updates?, and taking a righteous stand.

There are a lot of things going on. If we get our wish you could be hearing something in the future. If the watchtower "pulls a rabbit out of their hat" then maybe not as much, but we all can hope. The resolve around this neck of the woods is to do something rather than nothing. If we can share our expeirences then the Watchtower will be embarrassed. Will this have a big impact? Who is to say. We just have to try no matter what.

When my wife and I read your comment about a righteous stand we talked about it. She is taking a righteous stand herself. My wife is experiencing the cost of doing the right thing. This is what I wanted to comment on since this morning. When you look at all the people who acted in harmony with their conscience it is inspiring. My wife, Manuella Dorman, my daughter in law, are all people doing the right thing and paying a price for it. My wife and I see the same resolve in so many people. Ones we talk to face to face and those who come on here and tell their story. Those who post videos, write books, give testimony in court, and others.

Some people have just been able to see more behind the curtain than others. That just means that those who have seen more, should be the ones who do more. It is just a matter of chance. Being in the wrong place at the right time or right place in the wrong time. What one does to satisfy his conscience is not always what someone else should do or can do. Any way, that is the way we see it at this time. We are not going back. We are no longer looking for the "spiritual man". That ship has sailed a long time ago. You elders who know who I am, and know the truth, and are doing nothing. Well, let me ask you this: Do you have freeness of speech? I am not addressing elders who I do not personally know. I am speaking directly to the elders who I looked in the eye and talked to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I used to worry about elders catching on about me until I finally realized that as a non-witness - and a woman - I don't even rate. When I speak in their presence likely all they hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04&feature=kp

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

jgnat: how do you do that? Very funny. The point is what , when , how does anyone say something that will not just be blah...blah....blah. Our family and friends did have an experience that means something. Perhaps the witnesses will still only hear blah..blah..blah when we share it. That is O.K. with us. At least we tried when it was our turn a bat. We might be like "the mighty casey" or we could hit one out of the park. No matter what happens we will not be guilty of doing nothing. Casey struck out, but he was there to do his best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit