Heard a rumor: Guy Pierce died this morning

by respectful_observer 83 Replies latest jw friends

• L3G
    L3G

LostGen, on your

a lap dog of Teddy

AREN'T THEY ALL? How else could they have gotten to the positions they're in?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is pure speculation, but I think there's something to it:

I think GB 2.0 as a group is going to die prematurely.

Pierce died at 79 - that is about 20 years early for a GB member.

It seems like most of the members of GB 1.0 lived well into their 80's and 90's

Here's where I see a difference:

GB 1.0 were all skinny guys (mostly). They looked like they might eat a half-can of tuna fish in water a day.

GB 2.0 do not look like they miss too many meals. Morris looks downright obese, Jackson too. Even Sanderson has a lot of weight on him, especially for a forty-something guy. While I wouldn't have pegged Pierce as "obese" he certainly did not have the wiry profile of Franz or the other old-timers.

Sure, their lives overlap with 1.0, but that may not give them as much of a "stretch" as they intended unless they start taking their health seriously.

Fat cats.

• BU2B
    BU2B

No tears coming from me.. Sadly I feel things will continue as normal, on autopiliot.

If there is a God, karma, afterlife/reincarnation etc. This man will have much to atone for. He was a murderer IMO.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This Just in from a Friend who Phoned the WBT$ and Talked to a WBT$ Rep..

About Guy Pierces Death:

He (The WBT$ Rep) said "STAY POSTED TO JW.ORG FOR ANY ANNOUNCEMENT ON SUCH THINGS."

HE DID NOT COME OUT AND SAY YES HE PASSED ON......SO..that's what I'm working with....I told him they need to post it asap,

as it's already confirmed online by one of his sons..Whom we arent sure is still a jw.

.......................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

WTF they can't answer a straight question to save their lives can they Outlaw!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

How do I know I've been out of the JW religion for a long time? GB members who I've barely even heard of are now dying.

When I was a teenager, I memorized the page out of the Proclaimers book that had the pictures of the governing body. I memorized their names and soaked up as much information about them as I could. I'd ask Bethelites to share GB stories with me. George Gangas loved to quiz Bethelites on obscure Bible knowledge. Dan Sydlik was beloved by almost all Bethelites. Henschell was a man of few words. And so on.

As far as I was concerned, those men were modern day apostles. More important than that, even, since they would live to see the vindication of Jehovah's name.

On the other hand, if I Guy Pierce had passed me on the street I wouldn't have noticed.

• prologos
    prologos

pictures anyone? we already had a thousand words.

• haboob48
    haboob48

Someone claiming to be his, Guy's, granddaughter has responded on JWSURVEY. If that is his granddaughter she has stated she is no longer in the org. Just wanted to pass that on.

hb48

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pixel: We have to make something clear, this policy of 2/3 still holds, because according to the instructions from the GB/FDS/WT to the BOE, the majority always and the minority have to submit. So, it holds true. The BOE applies it to every decision. The majority always wins either if is 2/3, 3/4,4/5 or whatever.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

Instructions to BOE are one thing, but the 2/3rds majority is the rule for changing religious policy and doctrine within the Governing Body.
    If a body of elders wants to vote to spend extra money on something or switch meeting times or something that is not doctrinal (all BOE matters are not doctrinal) and only involves local policy (all local votes only effect local policy), a simple majority is fine- anything above 50% of the elders. The same is true for circuit assembly gatherings of BOE for financial votes- a simple majority.

GB cannot change doctrines without a 2/3rds majority. With now 7 members, 4 out of 7 (57.1%) is not 2/3rds (66.6%) and such a vote would not change policy.

• jw07
    jw07

Any reports of foul play triggering the stroke? ;-) Just saying...............................

How is Emeth taking this? She just might have a massive stroke too!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit