Heard a rumor: Guy Pierce died this morning

by respectful_observer 83 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WTF they can't answer a straight question to save their lives can they Outlaw!......Xanthippe

Thank You for Calling the WBT$ Information Desk..

.....................I`d Like to Inform You..

.........We Don`t Give Out WBT$ Information..

...................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jw07
    jw07

Knowning most dubs, the reaction will be: OMG!!! A GOVERNING BODY MEMBER DIED???? THE END MUST BE REALLY CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Elder always lead you to believe that their decisions are unanimous. That means that a couple of strong-willed Elders wanted something done a certain way. Most went along with it. Those who did not are counselled to go along with the majority. This give the impression of unity and being spirit-directed. Those who disagree are viewed as disruptive or pround. They may even be correct, but they "wait on Jehovah." That mean that better men sometimes do nothing.

I am not sure if the GB do things the same way or not, probably. We know the "shelve ideas" by their own admission. In order to keep the lifestyle that they are accustomed to, they "wait on Jehovah." How many people have died, or been abused, or railroaded while the GB "wait on Jehovah?"

I am sure the JWs are going to freak out. I already have my response planned.

HEBREWS 9:27 " And as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this a judgment." He aint the first GB to die, and he won't be the last.

DD

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

neverendingjorney: That was exactly how I was back then. If you become a Bethelite you go through the "Bethel Entrance School". Lasts a couple of weeks and is for all new Bethelites. You have to read the Bethel Manual from page-to-page. Read the Bible in 1 year and know the Governing Body members, by reading all their Life accounts as they appeared in the Watchtower magazine. Me (donkey) lapped every bit of detail up I could about these guys. You could wake me up in the middle of the night and I could tell you a story or two about Gangas, or some obscure detail about Fred Franz's Life.

After 10 years of Bethel Life, I barely knew who was who...the idolatry was too much and over the top. I remember having a zone visit in Colombia (Bogota Branch) and after the talk of one of these clowns, everybody went up to the GB member and asked him for his signature on their Bibles and Song books. He smiled and signed as many books (autographed) as he could. I could have thrown up!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

@BluePill2

My brother was a Bethelite. I would nag him for GB stories, but he always seemed defensive about it. In retrospect, I think he was disgusted with it, but wouldn't say so. Or maybe the disgust was on a subconscious level. Thankfully (or not) his Bethel buddies were mostly happy to fill in the details.

For years I wanted nothing more than to meet a GB member. The first one I met was Carey Barber and he seemed like he had just pooped his pants. Sad, really. This would have been around the mid 90s. Still, I was in awe. By the time I was able to attend an international convention some years later, the accumulated doubts in the back of my mind had begun to take a toll. When a GB member would walk to the stage, flashes would go off all over the building. It could just as easily been Bon Jovi.

It was quite a let down. I went from idolizing these guys to feeling disgust over the blatant idolatry.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

And just to further show how little thought I've given this guy, it just dawned on me that he has the same name as the semi-famous English actor. RIP, I guess.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Sure, their lives overlap with 1.0, but that may not give them as much of a "stretch" as they intended unless they start taking their health seriously.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember Sam Herd saying from the stage one time that he's got diabetes. No idea if it's Type 1 or 2.

Any thoughts on replacements? After they appointed someone as young as Sanderson, I keep waiting for the next wave of young guys to come in. Someone told me once that Joel Friedman (sp?) had been brought into Bethel a few years ago as a "short list" candidate, but didn't make the cut. He's probably about Sanderson's age (maybe a bit older, but looks even younger the last time I saw him).

I thought I saw a list recently that the oldest appointments on the current were all made in 1999 (including Pierce), which seems like a "young" GB overall.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

@neverendingjourney: That is why JWN is so valuable. We all where the same and it feels good to meet other people here that acted and thought the same and came to the same conclusion.

I remember how everybody back home would approach me and wanted to know as much as possible about the GB. It made me uncomfortable and uneasy, because it was blatantly evident that people where worshipping them (unconsciously). My mother would hunt down any talk given by a GB member around the Globe and request it as a tape. She accumulated a huge collection of GB talks on tape and would hear them all day long and repeat ad nauseum. Sometimes you could notice how they would contradict themselves over time.

The only person I ever admired and I always looked forward to go out in service was a old German brother from our neighborhood congregation (in Germany). He was a concentration camp survivor (had the number tattooed to his forearm). A down-to-earth and simple man that hated the worshipping of persons.

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

im sorry about this death. But bring me some questions: if the F&DS IS formed of 8 mens, and exists only when they unite together to make decisions, how can they choose another guy to complete other F$DS if in this moments being only seven?? I dont know if i explain my point...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Since he was annointed and called to heaven by jokehovah, does this mean that he will now see me when I moon him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit