Heard a rumor: Guy Pierce died this morning

by respectful_observer 83 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good point JWGone bad, they are all living in the lap of luxury with a team of lawyers at their disposal. Actually makes me sick to think how many desperate elderly JWs there are in the world, dying from cold weather conditions because they can't afford to heat their homes. Kate xx

• sir82
    sir82

I'm always intrigued by by how changes in the count of the GB might effect changes.

Assuming Ray Franz's depiction of the "2/3 majority" needed to make policy or doctrinal changes still holds, there could be more changes coming soon.

With 8 members, you needed a 6-2 majority to make a change. A vote of 5-3 wouldn't be enough to make a change.

Now that they are down to 7 members, you only need a 5-2 majority.

If there were any any potential changes that were stuck at 5-3, and Pierce was on the side of the "3", now it would be 5-2 and the change could be implemented.

• Island Man
    Island Man

" If there were any any potential changes that were stuck at 5-3, and Pierce was on the side of the "3", now it would be 5-2 and the change could be implemented."

Bye bye 1914?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

According to this post, Pierce was a lap dog of Teddy and was rewarded for his efforts in silencing molestation victims.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/194680/1/Ted-Jaracz-the-Cardinal-Ratzinger-of-Jehovahs-Witnesses

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So he is really dead? Perhaps he will have a giant WTF? moment in the after life. I am certainly not his judge. He may have been under the spell of the Organization and didn't know any better. People do strange things for a myriad of reasons. Maybe they will ask me to be on the GB? LOL!!

DD

• pixel
    pixel

Assuming Ray Franz's depiction of the "2/3 majority" needed to make policy or doctrinal changes still holds,

We have to make something clear, this policy of 2/3 still holds, because according to the instructions from the GB/FDS/WT to the BOE, the majority always and the minority have to submit. So, it holds true. The BOE applies it to every decision. The majority always wins either if is 2/3, 3/4,4/5 or whatever.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Maybe they will ask me to be on the GB? - DD

If you are annointed you will be invited to serve on the GB of course. You must vote to do away with the shunning policy and payout all the paedophile lawsuits. You will also need to make sure you distibute all the money to the poor JWs who donated what they couldn't afford. Are you up for thr job DD?

Kate xx

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Adios con artist.

One less charlatan in the world.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Governing Body members don't die, they just overlap.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would re-decorate the facilities as my first official act.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit