Heard a rumor: Guy Pierce died this morning

by respectful_observer 83 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

No more a rumor. Posted on jw.org in the Newsroom.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I checked the newsroom, it said he had 6 children.

In addition to his wife, Penny, Mr. Pierce is survived by his six children, several grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Given the bethel hierarchy, how did that happen? He must have received his calling late in life because I don't see how he had 6 kids with a lifetime at bethel.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Two were adopted and I think two were from his second wife's previous marriage, but now I can't find where I read that.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“A.proclaimer”: “I wonder what they'll do now, if there will be a new member to take his place, or just stick with 7.”

Maybe the Governing Body will feel that now their current number, seven, is most appropriate because, as we all remember from the Revelation Climax book, the number seven represents heavenly completeness. So, in that particular sense, the number seven would sort of be like icing on the cake.

“juanvazquez88”: “If the F&DS IS formed of 8 mens, and exists only when they unite together to make decisions, how can they choose another guy to complete other F$DS if in this moments being only seven?”

Now, that is a good question! I never thought about that aspect. I guess if Jehovah intended the Governing Body to be eight members, then He would have to see that each of the remaining seven members are given (8/7) / 7, or 0.1632653061, more of the holy spirit so as to have the full God-given ability to select the new eighth member – kind of similar to when God had Elisha given two parts of Elijah’s holy spirit to work with after Elijah’s death. . . . . Although, I think just leaving it at seven members would be simple and kind of classic Biblical numerology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit