Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

what we are doing but I'd really like to have DOT or someone who is still active defend the following:

Jesus: Do you really belief that Jesus and Michael are one in the same? If so please dedend/back up this belief with scripture.

Is Jesus your Mediator or is the GB/FDS your Mediator? If you believe it is the GB/FDS can you defend this belief scripturally?

Jehovah: Who said "Ye shall be my witnesses?" Was that Jesus or Jehovah? Can you defend the name "Jehovah's Witneses" with scripture?

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

CW study: you might consider starting your own thread. You might get more responses. You can still use the original guidelines for Truth in your discussion.

Those are good questions and would make a great discussion.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

It has become apparent that I have not been taught the truth, especially after having read jwfacts. And now I think about it, why did Jehovah have no representatives on earth from 1st century after the apostles until 1918? That always bugged me.. Plenty to think about.. Thanks for your patience and questions that made me think.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am so happy to hear you have been reading jwfacts.com. Stay on the forum and keep us informed of how you are doing. Why not start a thread and tell us your story. Love Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was pretty upset when I knew that something was wrong with "the truth." Jwfacts.com and Jwstruggle.com were both very helpful. If you can get some old literature like 'Studies in the Scriptures' or ' The Harp of God' and see things first hand it really helps. I still check Jwfacts.com whenever the indoctrination rears it's ugly head. Seeing the facts is comforting because I don't go for hype. Jwfacts.com doesn't insult JWs or say they are Satanic, or try to get me to join a new religion. It's just the facts.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOT - Take your time and breathe my friend. No sudden moves please.

Once I learned the real truth about the watchtower(R) the whole thing exploded like a tightly packed ball of rubber bands. Boom! Suddenly all I believed was in shreds.

I feel a real nana now. Why didn't I see it before?

• galaxie
    galaxie

D.O.T , Best wishes, I hope all goes well for you.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Thanks guys ;)

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

DOT: Take your time. You had a lot of information thrown at you.

Remember to take everything with a grain of salt.

Don't let anyone tell you what you should believe. That is your choice . This site and others are just tools we can use.

It's up to each of us to decide how to use it.

Please make sure you are careful about talking about your concerns. JWs have a fine tuned apostatedar.

Read some of the threads you find interesting, do some research and use your critical thinking. Listen to Punk and don't forget to breathe.

Take care,

Miss.Fit

P.s. punk: nana?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I think that punk meant 'nana as in banana ;)

I can't believe that I was controlled so easily. Guilt trips constantly, every meeting, are you doing enough.. etc. I'll get away one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit