Do Facebook "Friends" That Constantly Brag, Irritate You?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm with you on that, LisaRose:

"if you really care, but I bet most of you won't" Damn Skippy I won't. - LisaRose

As in, if you are a real sister/mother/friend..... you will spam all of your friends! I'll keep that in mind. Damn Skippy.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm absolutely gobsmacked as to a certain person who has posted here

The pharmaceutical industry is certainly amazing, to quote the great Ralph Kramden when Alice was trying to soften him up to by her a TV set, all I have to say is "I'll have some of what you're having, I wanna get loaded too"

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My other peeve is sappy religious junk. I have one person who is a relative of a relative, I am not sure why she even wanted to Facebook me, except that we share a grandchild, but I have about had it with the religious stuff. And I get multiple requests from her to play Juice Cubes. I don't know what that is, but I am pretty sure I don't want to. The funny thing is her daughter, my daughter in law, is an Athiest and constantly posts Athiest things. Those I don't mind, they are usually very funny.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You can hide their posts or unfollow them. If it's someone you really don't care about, unfriend them. It's really quite simple, you don't have to see things you don't want to.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Does your girlfriend's daughter have friends who have the same level of success?

Maybe it's normal in her circle to share that kind of thing. Most of my friends aren't that wealthy. This is a small sampling of things my friends post about:

Lots of my friends post cute pictures of their cats or dogs or their kids or grand babies and funny jokes and honest accomplishments anyone would be proud of, not bragging really. A lot of my old classmates post songs we all loved and sometimes pictures of us they found in some old box in their mother's garage and we all laugh. They post about this crazy winter and how tired they are of it. Then I have my old friends from high school who post how much they hate Obama or the ACA and all kinds of tea party garbage and how heartless they think our country should become. I have friends who post about how they hate religion and how stupid people are for believing in God or gods. I have friends who post about GMOs and how marijuana should be legalized and how it cures every single thing that could ever go wrong including cancer and no sir it is not bad for your lungs, nuh uh. Cute No one brags about BMWs, though one of my successful Italian friends is always posting pictures of him and his Italian brother and dad baking home made pizzas and fabulous pasta dishes from his amazing, very expensive looking kitchen. I have another friend who had a foodtruck custom made and she and her brother cook and then drive the truck around Charleston, SC serving delicious cajun cuisine to the locals. She also posts pictures of really cool and often sexy shoes she would love to have. She also posts the best blues and soul music links. Then there are the bitstrips. Don't get started on the bitstrips. They can be addictive at first, but they are fun. I have one friend who is into learning self suffiency with her husband and she posts really cool things they are doing or learning to do.

I post a lot of pictures in my fb albums for my kids and me so we can look at them easily. It's a great place to share things like pictures of your container garden that is bringing you immense joy. Then there are the garage sale/thrift shop finds, etc.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I think of Facebook as being like attending the company picnic or a family reunion. If I don't like a particular 'conversation' of a friend or family member, I just scroll down and find someone else to interact with.

Easy peasy...

• minimus
    minimus

flying,my gf's daughter has some friends that are not in the same category in business acumen. She is a very attractive young woman, intelligent and pregnant and she admires herself. She constantly puts selfies out there and gives different poses from drinking coffee to eating or drinking health foods so everyone can see how she looks and follow her example if they so desire.

• steve2
    steve2

Aw, come on man. It's Facebook. What do you expect? Besides, her friends appear okay about it. Admit it: She rubs you up the wrong way, anyway. And Facebook is just the last straw.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I rarely look. No one can have 300 friends. Acquaintances, perhaps. Definitely not friends.

When I worked for the Senate, I had to learn a new culture. No books explain how to be effective. When I graduated to a large firm, it was a new learning experience. The placement office worked with us. The law part was very easy. We had to learn what colors were acceptable, whether you could wear tasselled shoes, makeup and if so, what colors, how to walk in the hallway, hair length. One general rule was that you had to wear the opposite of a secretary. If fenale associates lost a family member or broke up a romantic relationship and did not wear makeup, the partner would stand in line to tell you how good you looked that day.

Sometimes when people appear to be brag, it might be necessary in their industry or trade. I am fed up with Mary Kay reps believing they are masters of the universe. Don't tell me how much your salary is down to cents. Wear some makeup in public that is not a Rocky Horror show advertisement. How do you post for so many different segments of your life in one place? It can't work for everyone. I write junior high school autograph book content. All fluff. There was a time when people bought this folded note cards that are blank and wrote two or three sentences for a specific friend/client. They were tiny for a reason.

I joined FB b/c everyone talked about it. It serves no useful purpose in my life. LinkedIn does. Privacy concerns me.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I, too, find attractive, wealthy people irritating

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit