Do Facebook "Friends" That Constantly Brag, Irritate You?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There are a few people who are FB friends that CONSTANTLY brag about themselves, their looks, their accomplishments, their bodies, their job---etc.

One particular person is too close to ignore but it's never ending. I am thisclose to telling her, to please stop it.

Any thoughts?

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

It depends on what kind of bragging it is. If it's inspirational, I see problem with it. I think everyone should be proud to see their results of hard work and be able to share it with others if they choose. It goes to show that hard work pays off and could motivate people. On the other hand, if it's just to say "Hey, my life is better than yours" then there is a problem with that. It all comes down to motive and how the message is conveyed.

• cofty
    cofty

I have some of my FB "friends" set so their posts never show up on my timeline.

People who post "share this if you care about...." are all on hide setting.

• minimus
    minimus

I'll give an example: I am so blessed that I was chosen to be the number one representaive for my business! I was just informed that I am getting ANOTHER promotion!! My unbelievable fiancee made me the most exciting dinner plans at ______, the #1 place to TRY to get into. And I just posted my new BMW's picture. I thought I might like black but I just love my white 2014. It's the best!

That's no exaggeration.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't have FB friends like that. I basically use FB as a repository for family pictures. This is easy for others to see what is going on in my life. If they are not interested, they simply don't have to look.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with u, NY. It's my gf's 27 yr. old daughter. She's basically a good person but so full of herself that I want to vomit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I have seen them brag but also there are those who imagine they are the wittiest thing alive and they over-do it with "cute" comments that make you want to barf.

I admit I tolerate certain people as "Friends" because I might like to see their friends list and that's all. Not very flattering, but that's how it is.

• minimus
    minimus

If you want to know what's going on, get on FB.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Evidently I don't want to know what's going on. I am on Facebook but just don't care to log in that much.

People that brag...a lot...are needy. They need someone elses approval. There own internal approval is not enough. Really though, why would someone, even you, care what kind of car I drive, or how smart I am, or my net worth? I don't spend much time trying to figure out someone elses stuff, so I don't see why they would be interested in mine.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

FB posts of the FOOD people are eating.

It's like, "Hey, look what I get to eat and you don't!"

Just eat your food already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit